Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Stop n Go n fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350007)

LoaferGee12 10-04-2005 12:58 AM

Stop n Go n fold

Only thing I know about button are his PF stats at 61/5

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(7 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB.

With the flop this coordinated + chance I'm behind, I decided to not 3-bet. Didn't see much value in it. Threw in a bet on the turn to get a feel for where I was and that raise just seemed like I had to be beat.

MrWookie47 10-04-2005 12:59 AM

Re: Stop n Go n fold

On a coordinated board, I think you should be more inclined to 3bet to deny the free card play.

benkath1 10-04-2005 01:01 AM

I'm not sure I like this play.

If you were worried after the flop, why not check call and see the river?

LoaferGee12 10-04-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a coordinated board, I think you should be more inclined to 3bet to deny the free card play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was the bet on the turn is for.

benkath1 10-04-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you do it on the flop. I think that is whay he is referring to.

MrWookie47 10-04-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting the flop and then leading the turn will win you more money against draws than a SnG.

Nfinity 10-04-2005 02:26 AM

I'm more inclined to Stop and go big hands when I want the raise on the turn, like say trips in this situation on a drawless board when I have the chance to trap a few limpers after me again on the turn, who might not call a 3-bet on the flop.

3-bet that flop.

tyler_cracker 10-04-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting the flop and then leading the turn will win you more money against draws than a SnG.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also loses the maximum when we're behind (T9/96/...).

What's the plan if Villain 4-bets for a free card (something one of us might do under certain circumstances with CO coming along for the ride)? I assume you're not leading the turn if you get 4-bet on the flop, and now you've put in an extra BB on the flop, and not prevented a free card on the turn.

milesdyson 10-04-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the plan if Villain 4-bets for a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]
you have to recognize that if he's capping the flop for a free card that we are getting 4 of his bets in on the flop with the best hand, and that he is immediately telling us on the turn by checking through that he was on a draw. then we look at the board, the river card, and consider if the opponent is capable of a river bluff unimproved to decide on our river action.