Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=179850)

chris_a 01-19-2005 11:05 AM

AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(LA-P)</font> raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 <font color="#A500AF">(LP-P)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(LA-P)</font> calls, MP3 <font color="#A500AF">(LP-P)</font> calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, LA-P checks, LP-P checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, LA-P calls, LP-P calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LA-P raises</font>, LP-P calls, Hero folds, SB folds.

At this point I had someone betting this board, the LA-P raising it and the LP-P cold calling. The LP-P I could care less about, but the bet and raise concern me. What do you think??

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LA-P bets</font>, LP-P calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

droolie 01-19-2005 11:10 AM

Re: AA - 0.5/1.0 Party... protect or get out?

Good fold. When the guy wakes up and bets into y ou on the turn he's not bluffing. You're drawing dead.

easypete 01-19-2005 11:13 AM

I don't know about the fold. UTG+1 (LA-P) raises pf, calls 2 cold on flop, and raises turn. SB, at this point, is an unknown, calling a 3-bet pf, and being aggressive on flop and turn. I would think that you are behind to 2-pr or a set depending on the players, but the board is low cards. Yes, there is a 4-straight out there, but what can these players have that makes sense with the pf and flop action?

As for the LP-P... could be a hand like 22... I've seen that many times... Usually a LP-P only bothers me when they come alive (If the LP-P 3-bet this turn, I am instantly folding).

I think I may have called down here. I would much more imagine that you are up against high pockets from both SB and UTG+1 enough times to make calling down +EV.

easypete 01-19-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold. When the guy wakes up and bets into y ou on the turn he's not bluffing. You're drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't wake up... he raised pf. If he was playing a hand like AA, KK, QQ, or JJ, this line is normal for a LA-P.

jrz1972 01-19-2005 11:18 AM

You should reraise the flop. That might change the action on later streets, or at least make it easier to interpret. You look like a guy with AK, not AA, and your opponents may be betting accordingly.

I would probably go ahead and call down. If SB called a pf 3-bet with a 4 or 98, good for him.

__Q__ 01-19-2005 11:22 AM

Yeah, you can't fold here.

droolie 01-19-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't wake up... he raised pf. If he was playing a hand like AA, KK, QQ, or JJ, this line is normal for a LA-P.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Didn't see that.

IsaacW 01-19-2005 11:24 AM

Preflop: Nice.

Flop: This is a very coordinated flop, and it's hard to know what to do here without better reads. SB "completed" for 3 bets preflop and then check/raises this flop... unless he is incredibly loose preflop (42 or a hand that connects for two pair on this flop for 3 bets preflop?!), I think this is a pretty good indication that he has a set. If you are ahead, I don't think a flop 3bet is the right move, because you have to dodge a good portion of the deck on the turn.

Turn: How many hands is LA-P raising preflop that have a 4 in them? This is a semi-bluff raise with a big pocket pair or (very unlikely) he raised preflop with 77 and hit his set on the turn. That said, I think you are certainly behind to one of these three hands, and are either drawing dead or drawing to a maximum of 6 outs (if you are behind to two pair and no one holds an 8). Getting 5:1 with a possible 3bet behind you (SB liked his hand a lot on the flop), this is a fold.

River: I'm still not believing that LA-P has the straight. Not sure what he has though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice hand.

IsaacW 01-19-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I may have called down here. I would much more imagine that you are up against high pockets from both SB and UTG+1 enough times to make calling down +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm know I'm considered weak tight around here, but he was getting 7.5:1 immediately on the turn call, with a possible 3bet from SB behind us, and he's likely going to have to call at least one more river bet. If SB calls the raise and the river is 4-way for one bet, we are looking at 19:3... are we really good 19% of the time here?

chris_a 01-19-2005 11:45 AM

Let me add that the LA-P isn't just LA-P.. he's LAAAAAAA-P. That is, he raises a lot preflop with just about any decent holding.