Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I think I have to lose all my chips... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319907)

aba20 08-21-2005 06:57 PM

I think I have to lose all my chips...

Live $2/$5 blind at the mirage. I have $500 and everyone else has me covered. All players are extremely straight forward and very weak tight.

UTG limps, I limp in middle position with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Button raises to $40, small blind calls, UTG calls and I call.

My first question is this call ok? I thought so closeing the action with 3 other players.

4 to the flop with $165 in the pot.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks and UTG leads for $100. I called, button folded what she said was KK, and sb calls. I think that I played this street very poorly.

3 to the turn with $460 in the pot

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], sb checks UTG pushes, and it will cost me $460 dollars more.

I think that the street with the most errors was the flop. Better lines would be appreciated.

stu-unger 08-21-2005 07:03 PM

Re: I think I have to lose all my chips...

calling preflop with pps in good position is +EV.

slow playing sets multi-way on a super duper coordinated board that had draws to go with it is very -EV.

i like to make a decision on the flop and go with it. if i think im ahead here enough i get aggro and commit most of my stack if not just push. as played i dont see how u can call with that board.

aba20 08-21-2005 07:10 PM

Now that I look at I can't believe I called, but sometimes I play bad, real bad. My thinking at the time with the flop call was to try and suck in the buttown with her overpair.

The_Bends 08-21-2005 07:44 PM

That might be an arguement if the board showed only a straight or flush draw but when its both there are just too many cards that hurt.

GoCubsGo 08-21-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That might be an arguement if the board showed only a straight or flush draw but when its both there are just too many cards that hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if everyone is playing straightforward weak-tight, it is not likely they called a 8xbb raise with a 6 or 2 in their hand. For all intents and purposes, there is only a flush draw on board.

The correct play would still have been to raise the flop. I the heat of the battle, I probably call too, getting greedy and wanting more people in the pot. Sometimes it's tough to remember winning a small pot is better than losing a big one.

yvesaint 08-21-2005 07:51 PM

It's still very possible someone has something like 66. I definitely raise on the flop, I think that's your biggest mistake.

aba20 08-21-2005 08:26 PM

sorry they are loose passive not weak tight. They will call huge raises with suited garbage.