Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   cashing checks from Party Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379005)

ChrisConstantine 11-15-2005 03:45 PM

cashing checks from Party Poker

First, Party Poker is impressing me more and more. Most recently, I ordered a check last Friday and received it today, Tuesday, 2 business days later.

The check is from M&T Bank in Wilmington Delaware. Has anyone cashed their Party checks at that bank? Can I do that without having an account there? I have tried calling "Advanced Marketing Solutions" and the bank but have not got through.

beavens 11-15-2005 03:46 PM

Re: cashing checks from Party Poker

[ QUOTE ]
First, Party Poker is impressing me more and more. Most recently, I ordered a check last Friday and received it today, Tuesday, 2 business days later.

The check is from M&T Bank in Wilmington Delaware. Has anyone cashed their Party checks at that bank? Can I do that without having an account there? I have tried calling "Advanced Marketing Solutions" and the bank but have not got through.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you have to cash it at that bank?

soko 11-15-2005 03:49 PM

You can cash a check at any bank you are a member of. Most out of state checks take 10 days to clear and therefore, depending on your bank you might only be allowed to deposit, you should call your own bank for more information.

grinin 11-15-2005 03:51 PM

you guys are really thick.

If you cash it at the bank that it is drawn on ....

Well, just think about the possibilities

ChrisConstantine 11-15-2005 03:59 PM

OK, sorry, i wasn't clear and jumped a step or two ahead. Cashing it at their bank is just that, CASH, and not subject to deposit review at your own bank.

Of course I declare all cash profits for income tax purposes but there are often other reasons I may have to not have checks go through my bank accounts. The legal questions of internet poker and how it may affect my career choices is one reason and there may be a few more.

11-15-2005 04:06 PM

What legal questions about internet poker? Is this something new? Its not illegal.

11-15-2005 04:09 PM

As far as I know, all banks will cash a check that is from an account at itself. You dont need an account to cash it but you will need ID.

And cashing a check at the institution it is drawn on will still be recorded. Its a law. Cashing it wont "protect" you from the "legality" of poker.

But then again, poker isnt illegal so just cash it at your bank.

Niediam 11-15-2005 04:14 PM

The US government says online poker is is illegal so maybe the OP is worried if he wants to persue a careeer in the FBI, State Department, or something similar.

11-15-2005 04:16 PM

How can the US govt say its illegal. If I am not mistaken, its a state issue.

Does this fall under the communication act that prevents you from phoning in bets to sports books in vegas?

Niediam 11-15-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can the US govt say its illegal. If I am not mistaken, its a state issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several states have passed specific laws against internet gambling. I know that Nevada and Michigan have.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this fall under the communication act that prevents you from phoning in bets to sports books in vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the government's rational. Most legal experts however do not believe somebody could actually be succesfully under that law.