Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Absolute Cracked Aces Bonus (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341042)

MrMon 09-20-2005 10:00 PM

Absolute Cracked Aces Bonus

Haven't seen this mentioned here, but it is at the Absolute site and a BW. Nice little addition, as BW documents.

From Midnight Sunday, September 18th to Friday, September 30th at Midnight Absolute Poker will be giving away $10 to players every time they lose with pocket aces on Hold’em tables with limits of at least $1/$2 Limit or $1 NL. Three players must be dealt in the hand to be eligible.

With this bonus in place, would you play aces differently? Limping and trapping might be more profitable, since it failing does have an upside. Might have to go to the poker forums for this one.

timprov 09-20-2005 10:05 PM

Re: Absolute Cracked Aces Bonus

At 1/2 it seems like it would.

Of course, they'll pay you inaccurately and late, so the real value is questionable.

mosquito 09-20-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, they'll pay you, so the real value is easy to compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

timprov 09-20-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, they'll pay you, so the real value is easy to compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it's possible if support is put in charge. If it's the affiliate team, no way.

edfurlong 09-21-2005 01:03 AM

The way I run at absolute I could mabye break even if they ran this promo all the time!

Pog0 09-21-2005 08:07 PM

If you fold preflop, you lose with aces. Can you fold preflop? Seems like the ideal play at $1/$2.

RiverTheNuts 09-21-2005 09:42 PM

Im sure you gotta show em down. I would limp in EP with them, in late I would still raise the crap out of them with money already in the pot. On an obvious pair/draw making board I would bet because they will call anyways, on a ragged board just check and let someone catch up, since they probably wouldnt call a bet anyways.

Of course this only works at 1/2, otherwise just play them the same.

maxpower72 09-21-2005 10:38 PM

Just a quick question since I just lost with them back to back do I have to email support or is it just automatically awarded to me? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

CarlNiclas 09-22-2005 02:04 AM

You have to email support with hand numbers and everything.

Cracked Aces

Guthrie 09-22-2005 02:45 AM

Why play AA any differently? I'm doing just fine getting them cracked playing normally.