Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Am i coaching badly? (AK hand) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257586)

kiddo 05-23-2005 10:55 AM

Am i coaching badly? (AK hand)

I was going through some hands for a player at 10/20 and found this. I have a feeling the player didnt like her/his line because he/she commented:

[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise flop or anywhere in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

First I thought it was dead easy but then suddenly I didnt know anymore. Just wanted to know if u do the same as me here?

HERO is UTG, 6handed.
SB is 60/12, aggressionfactor around 1.

Hero got A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero raises, everyone folds but SB who coldcalls.

FLOP:
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets.
Hero calls. (My comment: Nope, raise this and see what happens on turn.)

TURN:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks.
Hero checks. (my comment: if u raise flop and he calls I would normally X)

What is X?

krishanleong 05-23-2005 10:57 AM

Re: Am i coaching badly? (AK hand)

check

wheelz 05-23-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check

[/ QUOTE ]

ipp147 05-23-2005 11:41 AM

Hi Kiddo,

I'm newish to 6 max but my feeling is that if you have raised the flop then this is a good check because,

You have lots of outs to improve and you can probably bluff at any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

On top of this if he is very passive then he will probably shut down and check call the river with a T or a very weak Q (unless he improves)

I hate to get check raised on the turn

Stoli7 05-23-2005 12:02 PM

I would bet majority of the time. Maybe that's a leak in my game...

aslowjoe 05-23-2005 12:10 PM

x=bet and take a free showdown unimproved. Even if your behind you have lots if outs. There is so many draws there that you could be giving up a free card when your ahead and are almost forced to call a river bet anyway. And checking you give up your most valuable asset.

Alobar 05-23-2005 12:28 PM

I check behind, youve got lots of outs to improve, seems like a good opportuninty to take the free card. Altho there are lots of draws on this board, so if hes the type to donkbet a draw betting isnt bad, you get the freeshowdown.

Hmmmmm, actually, im not worried about a checkraise at all, if he has a hand strong enough to c/r this turn (since hes pretty passive), im not drawing to 10 outs, im drawing to 4, unless I fuglied my math, you dont have the odds to call for 4 outs if he checkraises, even with implied odds, so you can fold to the CR. On that note, I think a bet is much stronger now. Honestly now, I think it doesnt matter either way. I go soley by read. If you think he is more likely to donkbet a draw, then bet. If you think he is more likely to donkbet a pair (but now not fold) then check.

krishanleong 05-23-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think he is more likely to donkbet a draw, then bet. If you think he is more likely to donkbet a pair (but now not fold) then check.

[/ QUOTE ]

This certainly makes it easier! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I think in general a bet on the flop means a pair when it's from a passive opponents. I feel pretty good about checking behind and folding the river unimproved.

Krishan

aslowjoe 05-23-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think in general a bet on the flop means a pair when it's from a passive opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

60%vpip with an aggr factor of 1. does a lot of bluff and semi bluff. He just ends up calling on a lot of marginal hands.

Alobar 05-23-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think he is more likely to donkbet a pair (but now not fold) then check.

[/ QUOTE ]

This certainly makes it easier! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhh, dont let everyone in on the fact that all I do is state the obvious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just mean "go by whatever your read is"