Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please help me i've gone deaf in one ear! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407491)

Alobar 12-30-2005 12:38 AM

Re: Please help me i\'ve gone deaf in one ear!

you sure it was blood and not just earwax??

earwax will totally make you feel like youa re deaf in an ear if it builds up.....also, are you completely deaf in it, or just really really hard of hearing?

12-30-2005 12:41 AM

it feels like ear wax but it has blood mixed in with it (its red). i am not completely deaf in it i dont think, but it is very hard to hear. just kind of feels like its full of water or something

bdk3clash 12-30-2005 12:44 AM

I had the exact same thing happen to me about six years ago, went to a 24 hour clinic place and they flushed my ear out with water. A chunk of wax the size of a raisin fell out. Eew.

Any drugstore sells an earwax removal kit, which is usually a squirty bulb thing to flush your ear with water and some drops to disolve the wax. You could do this or just go to the doctor.

Eurotrash 12-30-2005 12:46 AM

totally sweet does not even begin to describe that avatar, Alobar

Unoriginalname 12-30-2005 03:01 AM

Am I the only one that finds it strange that this guy might be at a serious risk for permanent hearing loss in one ear and he's posting about it in OOT instead of going straight to the ER or calling the his on-call primary care Dr.?

rusellmj 12-30-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been deaf in one ear my entire life, it isn't so bad, you'll get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There, ya see? Nothin to worry about.

astroglide 12-30-2005 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove a Q-tip in there.

While this might not do anything, it would be really cool to pull a Q-tip out of your ear covered in blood.

Hope you have insurance,

P. Dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

gorie 12-30-2005 04:27 AM

does it hurt ? maybe you ruptured your ear drum if it is bleeding. (although when mine ruptured it was very painful so you'd probably feel it...) if it doesn't hurt it's probably just blocked, but get to a doctor.

it could also be an ear infection

Awesemo 12-30-2005 04:37 AM

i think that some earwax is naturally red, and that's not blood. i would follow the advice of getting the drops.

CheckRaise 12-30-2005 04:54 AM

I know when I've had my ear flushed that the wax was a mixture of red/yellow so the OP might not be screwed.