Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yet another tipping situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343497)

PokerBob 09-24-2005 03:03 PM

Yet another tipping situation

A friend of mine is playing in the 4/8 game at Canterbury Park. He tips an orange chip (50 cents) per pot. He tosses the dealer a chip. The dealer tosses it back and says "I don't take those". MY friend replies, "well that's kind of insulting." Dealer says, "I didn't mean for it to be insulting, I just don't take those."

Thoughts?

4thstreetpete 09-24-2005 03:10 PM

Re: Yet another tipping situation

I would've told the dealer to go kiss my ass and wouldn't give him any other tip from that point on.

JustToast 09-24-2005 03:11 PM

Just take the chip back and put it back in your stack.

At least you tried which is more than seemingly a lot of people on here do.

Brain 09-24-2005 03:16 PM

Wow.

I'd have made a note to talk to someone at the desk afterward, but probably would have forgotten about it by the time I got up. He wouldn't be getting anything from me ever again.

Hijack: What do they use orange chips for at CP?

goofball 09-24-2005 03:18 PM

I would have put the chip back in the stack and not tipped him for a long long time.

09-24-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine is playing in the 4/8 game at Canterbury Park. He tips an orange chip (50 cents) per pot. He tosses the dealer a chip. The dealer tosses it back and says "I don't take those". MY friend replies, "well that's kind of insulting." Dealer says, "I didn't mean for it to be insulting, I just don't take those."

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't tip. I don't believe in it.

PITTM 09-24-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would take the chip back, say nothing. and then when i would got home i would go online to make sure that the official US currency is still dollars and realize that 50 cents is still money and then i would wonder why he hated money...

rj

steamboatin 09-24-2005 04:31 PM

That dealer would have received two tips from me, His first and his last.

SirFelixCat 09-24-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That dealer would have received two tips from me, His first and his last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I tip whenever I win a pot (as long as we see a flop) and regardless of the tip amount, I have never seen a dealer that was so high-n-mighty to refuse it. Who the hell does he think he is? Wow.

Never would tip him/her again. Unbelieveable.

Lestat 09-24-2005 06:38 PM

I don't get it.

It seems your friend tokes orange chips and this dealer just informed him that he'd rather not be tipped if the chip is orange. So don't toke him. Problem solved.