Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1/2 Party 6m: AQo in the SB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399823)

Somekid 12-16-2005 05:49 PM

1/2 Party 6m: AQo in the SB

The BB seems somewhat Tight-aggressive pre-flop although I dont have any reads on his post-flop play.
The CO is a LAG. Plays goofy pre and post-flop. He would probably bet the turn 90% ofthe time in that situation.

I bet the flop because I figured I had the best hand and I wanted the BB to fold. The CO could have pretty much anything. When the BB raised the flop I figured he had a strong but vulnerable hand (A9 or TT?).

I had planned on check-folding the turn but when the BB checked and the CO bet I thought I could force out the BB with a c/r. My plan was for the BB to fold, the CO to call and then I could check/call the river. What does everyone think?

Also does anybody call the river?

Finally, after the hand it occured to me that the turn check could indicate a flush draw...is the c/r still a good idea? I don't think I'm forcing out any flush draws, but he doesn't always have one here.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero...?

Dopey 12-16-2005 06:00 PM

Re: 1/2 Party 6m: AQo in the SB

Wow, that was interesting [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I can see where your coming from but I don't like it. In position it wouldn't be as bad but I not sure I like it even then. I don't think I have ever seen a line where c/r the turn with the intention of c/c the river is a good idea.

And no, I am not overcalling that river.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

12-16-2005 06:04 PM

I think that if you really thought he had TPTK or an overpair, then trying to get him to fold does not compute.

You probably did not raise preflop w 5's and 2's and you did not 3bet the flop, so JJ-AA is a bit unlikely. Caught on the turn between a bettor and the flop raiser, I would have folded there.

With an overcaller on the river, I am no doubt folding.

12-16-2005 06:13 PM

BB's got you beat, and both of them probably do. I think you can save one on the river.

As for the turn raise, I think I would've check called, check folded the river UI, but you'll get the BB to fold a good portion of the time with the raise, so I don't think it was a bad idea.

12-16-2005 06:19 PM

If the LAG really will bet 90% of these turns who's to say BB isn't going for a c/r then gets worried when you do it and decides to call down? Against a relative unknown I think this suffers from too much FPS as I doubt BB raises the flop with total air if he's not going to bet the turn. He might have had a flush draw with overs but otherwise it's sort of an odd line on his part. I really think he either was on the flush draw with overs trying to clear outs or was going for the c/r on the turn with a LAG to his left and got worried by your strange actions.

POKhER 12-16-2005 10:32 PM

I dont like the turn, Sure you're protecting your "hand" when he(BB) has nothing on this board(Or he may fold a better hand i.e. Pocket pair or something) so improving winning chances in that sense.

HOWEVER your hand isn't even a hand its just a "high card"(Ok pair using board i know).

If you think you had CO beat it'd be OKish but then its risky anyhow and i dont think (your chance to improve+chance you're ahead+Chances you may fold both) = enough to be +EV even if he is a goof.

So although i think you're thinking was good, i think you're just short of the mark interms of the hand you hold/the board.

if the turn was 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i'd say NH [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

easy river fold with the overcaller.

UncleSalty 12-16-2005 10:56 PM

I don't think I like this at all. CO's bet might not mean anything, but BB's raise on the flop almost certainly means a 9 or pocket pair.

Against 3 players who have already called on a paired flop in the face of aggression, you are checkraising the field with nothing but two overs. BB is clearly not going anywhere, I would say he has to have either A9 or a pocket pair TT or above and is afraid to raise with the 5's on the board. Once you get two callers on the turn, I am done with the hand unless you improve on the river. (And I might just c/c a river A or Q.)

Edit: Reviewing the PF action it is unlikely that BB has a premium pair, but he could have A9, TT, 99, 88, 77, or 66 and play it this way.