Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ever dropped cash so quickly online... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192922)

Reef 02-10-2005 05:56 AM

Re: Ever dropped cash so quickly online...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flops seen: 33%

[/ QUOTE ]
shouldn't this number be much lower? that could be the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is a problem

JackWilson 02-10-2005 06:15 AM

Hmm, no. This counts plays from the blinds. My VP$IP is about 19%, I just got a lot of above average cards in a short amount of time, that's why it was so high.

stigmata 02-10-2005 06:55 AM

Yeah - Those are the worst downswings. When you get dealt loads of great starting hands, only to jam the pot and then get rivered by a three-outer. Over & over again.

Kenrick 02-10-2005 08:04 AM

That's barely more than 60bb. I've gone hundreds of hands with winning 1% of the pots, and, yes, it was ridiculous. Suck it up, ya alky.

fnord_too 02-10-2005 11:27 AM

yes

Edit - yes to the dropping cash that fast, no to hands shaking and drinking because of it.

fnord_too 02-10-2005 11:34 AM

One other thing, for me it has gotten easier and easier to deal with the downswings over time. They never got to me to a huge extent, but one of the first things I worked on when I started playing poker very seriously was emotional detatchment. There are a lot of good articles and books that go into this subject far more eloquently than I can.

JKratzer 02-10-2005 02:03 PM

My roommate and I both play a lot of online poker, we're both college students and the money allows us to live in a lifestyle most of our peers can't. Anyway my roommate has always been a bit more emotional about poker than I, I am constantly reminding him to not rant or berate his opponents after bad beats because one "shouldn't tap the glass."

I came home yesterday after a class to find one of our plates absolutely shattered and laying all over our kitchen. Apparently my rm had suffered a couple bad beats during a bad session and took out his frustration on our plate.

JackWilson 02-10-2005 08:46 PM

Hmm, please inform me about the titles of these books. Being a bit more emotionally detached would be a VGT.

I mean...I was scared of losing my entire bankroll at that pace. Irrational...

JerBear77 02-11-2005 07:36 PM

Flops seen 21%

Winning hands 6%
Winning if flops seen 26%

Showdowns won 85%

Down 52BB in 1300 hands......does this make sense that it can happen????