Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   no fold-em holdem (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362434)

BIG CHEESE 10-21-2005 12:38 PM

no fold-em holdem

I play in a weakly tournament 30$ buy in the blind start at 5/10 players start with 1700 in chips a raise of 100 is a sure way to get in to a fammily pot im constantly getting drawn out on and im pulling my hair out. tight agressive just isnt working here please help!

Slow Play Ray 10-21-2005 02:42 PM

Re: no fold-em holdem

[ QUOTE ]
weakly tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

pun intended?

JimHammer 10-21-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play in a weekly tournament. 30$ buy in and the blinds start at 5/10. Players start with 1700 in chips. A raise of 100 is a sure way to get into a family pot. I'm constantly getting drawn out on and I'm pulling my hair out. Tight-aggressive just isn't working here. Please help!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Maybe some punctuation will get you some more replies.

EStreet20 10-21-2005 06:34 PM

Cheeeeeeese. Didn't we lock you in the dumpster once?

10-21-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play in a weekly tournament. 30$ buy in and the blinds start at 5/10. Players start with 1700 in chips. A raise of 100 is a sure way to get into a family pot. I'm constantly getting drawn out on and I'm pulling my hair out. Tight-aggressive just isn't working here. Please help!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Maybe some punctuation will get you some more replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I speak jive:

I play in a weekly tournament with a 30$ buy in. The blinds start at 5/10 and the players start with T1700. A raise of 100 doesn't chase the donkeys out and I'm constantly getting drawn out on. I'm pulling my hair out. Tight/Agressive just isn't working here, please help!

Scotty O 10-21-2005 08:41 PM

Wait until the blinds get higher. Play top 5 (maybe 10) hands until the 3rd-5th level. They will start folding then.

10-21-2005 09:49 PM

if a raise of 100 which is just 17 % of their stacks don't chase out the donkeys, then try raising it up a bit more. and wouldn't you want them calling you when they have garbage cards when you have aces? you come out ahead in the long run against players like that. if they are complete donks, don't try to bluff them and choose your spots to make a move wisely.

John Bedtelyon 10-22-2005 01:57 AM

Just keep playing tight, sticking to the top tens or maybe a few more hands in late position.

That's a gross overbet so I'd shy away from playing anything aggressively except QQ KK AA AK, maybe jacks. If a 9x big blind raise doesn't chase the donks away, don't try to chase the donks away. Wait until you can't be beat then make the bets.

Don't try any fancy moves, don't bluff, don't try to play the players. Play your two cards, win the best hand and make the money.

I'd love to be in this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JMB

10-23-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got out.

lighterjobs 10-23-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got out.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, man.