Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   stuey movie (high roller) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231903)

GrannyMae 04-13-2005 07:01 PM

stuey movie (high roller)

i had bought this DVD from www.conjelco.com because i had heard about it for 3+ years now since it has been on the drawing board.

the day it came, someone had posted that the movie sucked so i have not bothered watching it.

last night i watched it an LOVED it.

don't listen to the naysayers. also, and this is not a spoiler, i had no clue who the 'guy' was in the motel room with him. i loved the ending.

great dvd. buy it

edit: hmm, i may have gotten it from amazon. that's was spouse tells me. check both

Sincere 04-13-2005 07:15 PM

Re: stuey movie (high roller)

I loved the movie too. I dont see what all the negative feedback was about. Yeah it couldve been better and it couldve involved more poker stategy scenes, but it was an indy movie and I dont see anybody else stepping up to the plate to make a movie about his life.

GrannyMae 04-13-2005 08:05 PM

i tell you this. it was 1,000,000 times better than big blind, which had more poker content. big blind is horrible from beginning to end. at least high roller had a holywood feel to it. i did not miss the poker content because i am a poker player. maybe people who don't know who stuey is would hate this film. matter of fact, that's probably why it never had a theatrical release.

but still, glad to find other's that enjoyed it. i felt like i had to make this post as a public service announcement because i let it gather dust due to what i had heard from others.

to all who have not seen it, give it a shot

jasonHoldEm 04-13-2005 08:36 PM

I thought it was good but not great. Loved the scenes with Mr. Miyagi..."Aaah Stuey-san..." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was a bit disappointed with the ending though, I had it figured out by the second cut back to the hotel room. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

J

GrannyMae 04-13-2005 08:44 PM

I was a bit disappointed with the ending though, I had it figured out by the second cut back to the hotel room.

not bad!

i had a poster here who PM'd me and said that he had not really figured out who the guy was even after seeing it.

i had no idea until the very last minute. then again, it was drinking a mountain dew at the time cuz my mouth was a bit dry..

wooo

MrGrob 04-13-2005 11:11 PM

Who was the guy? I think I know, but now I am not sure....

GrannyMae 04-13-2005 11:15 PM

i'll PM you. don't want to post spoiler

shawn_p 04-13-2005 11:44 PM

Re: spoiler (don\'t read if you haven\'t seen)

<font color="white"> angel </font>

GrannyMae 04-13-2005 11:49 PM

Re: spoiler (don\'t read if you haven\'t seen)

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> angel </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">reaper</font>

stanky 04-13-2005 11:50 PM

Can you PM me too? I watched most of it but lost interest towards the end.

Thanks
-Pete