Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TT facing a c/r with 2 overcards, standard fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404732)

aLOWdAkING 12-24-2005 06:24 PM

TT facing a c/r with 2 overcards, standard fold?

I raise TT in the UTG+1, BB calls.

Flop Kxx, checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn Ace, checks, I bet, he raises... easy fold vs an unknown? Is there any other line I could have taken such as check the turn since he probably won't call with a worse hand but could bluff with one?

Buckmulligan 12-24-2005 06:27 PM

Re: TT facing a c/r with 2 overcards, standard fold?

Ya, a fold is standard here.

12-24-2005 06:28 PM

Check the turn and call the river, pot isn't that big you can induce a bluff and he probably hasn't got that many outs if your ahead.

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn and call the river, pot isn't that big you can induce a bluff and he probably hasn't got that many outs if your ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would cost you the same as betting the turn and folding to a checkraise, but if you are ahead you are giving up value for a bet he would have called, as well as offering a free card. He could have three to eight outs.

12-24-2005 07:59 PM

I can see that line, but I'll often check against loose-aggressive opponents, against a loose-passive easy bet/fold on the turn. A TAG makes a play for the pot on this dry flop often?
How often do we get check-raised on a bluff here? How often do they call a turn bet with a worse hand, split pairs with the x will give up with the raise some of the time, no? Also, we can get a shot at spiking our 2 outs if behind not much but it helps.

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only on very specific players should this line be used. People will incorrect call gutshot draws and low pairs all the time, so only against a thinking agro player should you try this line.

Against an unknown, I think its an easy turn bet, easy turn fold, easy hand to play because theres no way you're good here if he fights back :P

12-24-2005 08:16 PM

yah check the turn

zephed 12-25-2005 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would cost you the same as betting the turn and folding to a checkraise, but if you are ahead you are giving up value for a bet he would have called, as well as offering a free card. He could have three to eight outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Worse hands are folding pretty often, that's why a turn check is being considered.

zephed 12-25-2005 06:14 AM

I think the flop blanks are sometimes important, can you tell us what they are?

aLOWdAkING 12-25-2005 06:56 PM

Forget, I think they wre 3 and 9.