Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Immoral? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=53711)

PokerPrince 11-18-2003 10:21 PM

Immoral?

Good 30-60 game. Tight old man open raises in MP. All fold to me in the SB and I go 90 with QQ. BB folds and the old man toss in 120 for a reraise. He doesn't verbalize this at all and the deal seemed to not even notice. I push my 90 closer to the dealer can scoop it into the pot and we take the flop heads up, him putting in a small bet more than myself. Immoral?

PokerPrince

Vehn 11-18-2003 10:26 PM

Re: Immoral?

I would call it an angle, yes.

Diplomat 11-18-2003 10:27 PM

Of course it is.

-Diplomat

Alobar 11-18-2003 10:52 PM

Definatly...but then the old man is an idiot for not pointing it out to the dealer. So I guess it all depends if you believe stupid people deserve to lose money....I'd be more worried about kharma than anything tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Howd the hand turn out?

PokerPrince 11-19-2003 12:08 AM

Well, to be totally honest, I only really noticed he raised at the very last second. I saw the dealer scoop 4 greens and 4 reds from him. Neither of them said a word to me. I really do think stupid people deserve to lose money to smarter people. That's why I'm playing the game, to beat stupid people out of their money. Anyways, the old bastard had AA and took it down.

PokerPrince

Wake up CALL 11-19-2003 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, to be totally honest, I only really noticed he raised at the very last second. I saw the dealer scoop 4 greens and 4 reds from him. Neither of them said a word to me. I really do think stupid people deserve to lose money to smarter people. That's why I'm playing the game, to beat stupid people out of their money. Anyways, the old bastard had AA and took it down.

PokerPrince

[/ QUOTE ]

In this particular case you were the stupid person who lost to the rock so yes I agree he took advantage of you but after all, you deserved it! He is just there to take advantage of stupid people as well.

Alobar 11-19-2003 12:17 AM

[quoteIn this particular case you were the stupid person who lost to the rock so yes I agree he took advantage of you but after all, you deserved it! He is just there to take advantage of stupid people as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, im starting to see what everyone means when they talk about "haters"

J_V 11-19-2003 12:27 AM

Very immoral.

Al_Capone_Junior 11-19-2003 12:30 AM

Of course that is immoral. I wouldn't win that way, I insist on winning honestly, even if cheating gives me a slight edge. I would put my funds in and not cheat the old man, dealer or not, camera or not, old man noticing or not.

al

Tommy Angelo 11-19-2003 01:32 AM

The word "cheat" has some hazy areas, and some not so hazy. I would say marking cards is cheating, absolutely. No gray area on that one. Likewise for knowingly shorting the pot.

Tommy