Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OOP with a nice draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341729)

ukpokerplayer 09-21-2005 10:22 PM

OOP with a nice draw

Not sure how to best play hands like this OOP. Is the flop raise/ lead turn a good plan here or should I have played this any differently?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, won by MP3.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP3.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 doesn't show.
Outcome: MP3 wins 10.25 BB. </font>

Cumulonimbus 09-21-2005 10:45 PM

Re: OOP with a nice draw

I bet the flop, if raised, it's read-dependent, but I probably call instead of 3-bet. If called, I bet the turn. There's no need to get fancy with this nice draw in this small pot OOP, although on the flop you are a favorite almost every time.

GMan42 09-21-2005 10:49 PM

Meh...even with all the outs, once the button folds your raise won't be for value anymore, and being OOP you can't get a free card if you want one. I suppose if you thought MP3 raised PF with a mid pocket pair or something, your flop raise and turn bet have some fold equity. Guess it depends on your read.

mdob 09-21-2005 10:51 PM

I play it the same way.
MP3 will likely autobet here against 2 players. If button folds, you have a good chance of taking the pot down on the turn against an underpair, AK, or, even, AJ. If he calls, you have a big equity edge and are getting value on your raise.

Alex/Mugaaz 09-21-2005 11:59 PM

Though it kind of doesn't matter - What are people's hand read on MP3 with his line?

Cumulonimbus 09-22-2005 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Though it kind of doesn't matter - What are people's hand read on MP3 with his line?

[/ QUOTE ]

AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AQ, QJ, 66, even KQ sometimes. But, my money's on QQ or JJ.

Azhrarn 09-22-2005 03:15 AM

NH. I play it the same.

With a super-draw like this, you have an equity advantage on the flop against a lot of made hands (for instance, you're 55/45 against black aces.) So I like putting multiple bets in on the flop. It would be nice if button had stayed in, but since he didn't, it increases the semi-bluffing power of your hand. Since the pre-flop raiser opened just a couple off the button, he should have a fairly wide raising range, and he should be folding a lot of it to your flop cr/turn bet combo.

On the turn, your equity's gone down, but you want to bet to finish the semi-bluff combo. Unfortunately, the pre-flop raiser had a real hand.

By the way, you didn't include any reads, so I'm assuming MP3 is an average TAG. If he's very passive pre-flop, it probably would be better to play your draw more passively and not semibluff.

KDawgCometh 09-22-2005 03:24 AM

I'm looking to lead this flop, and then maybe looking to three bet it, it really all depends on what kind of read you have on the villian. I don't like the turn lead all that much, but it really isn't that big of a deal