Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Typical UI overcards. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408352)

hemstock 12-31-2005 07:38 PM

Typical UI overcards.

2nd hand so villain is completly unknown.
I have no idea what my line is. Sometimes I bet the turn, sometimes I call down, sometimes I just fold the turn. What am I doing here? I need a read to play this hand.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

milesdyson 12-31-2005 07:41 PM

Re: Typical UI overcards.

bet the turn. he peels a ton on that flop. if he raises there i fold. if he calls i typically check call a river blank. i would check fold that river as that card is one of the worst possible cards you could see. 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are also terrible cards that i would check fold.

LoaferGee12 12-31-2005 07:44 PM

Yeah, easy turn bet. It's the last bet I put in the pot UI, however.

hemstock 12-31-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you check/fold the river right? Not check/calling?

imported_leader 12-31-2005 07:47 PM

I would bet/fold the turn. This flop is unimpressive. It's not going to scare overs like QJ or even something like K9. Plus, this guy is obviously bad since he just open limped on the BT. If he calls and the river is a blank, I would call. This river is really tough though.

LoaferGee12 12-31-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you check/fold the river right? Not check/calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. If he's calling the flop AND the turn, and then betting the river, we aren't good near enough times to warrant a call.