Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   77 UTG - Obvious result, semi brag post, but was my play right ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174096)

Frelled 01-09-2005 11:36 PM

77 UTG - Obvious result, semi brag post, but was my play right ?

Hi,

I played around 1000 hands today and it felt like I'd won about 2 billion Sklansky dollars. Real world I'm about 10 bucks down. Then this...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Had MP1 3-bet (see results below), I'd have folded.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Was suprised to see my check-raise get re-raised but to be honest I gave it no thought at all.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

My main question: It was only when I got raised on the turn I realised what UTG+1 was holding. Should I have figured this quicker ?

It's also fair to say I had no clue what the other two were holding. I only saw UTG+1 as a threat.

River: (28.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 44.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7d 7s (four of a kind, sevens).
UTG+1 has Ad Ac (full house, aces full of sevens).
MP1 has Ks As (two pair, aces and kings).
CO has 9h Qh (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 44.75 BB. </font>

I did feel a bit for the CO. He made bad pre-flop and flop decisions, but from that point must've been sucked in. I'm not compaining though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My biggest win ever, money, BB and confidence. Makes me believe I'm good at this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ho hum. Tomorrow I'll be crying again.....

Vern 01-09-2005 11:44 PM

Re: 77 UTG - Obvious result, semi brag post, but was my play right ?

I love the hand, but folding the PP to a three bet pre-flop would likely have been wrong if CO had called three. Check out the 88 post in small stakes. Especially with a cold caller in there, CO, if he had cold called the 3-bet, you would have been wrong to fold 77 getting getting 5:1 on your immediate call. If it was just the original raiser and re-raiser, a case can be made for folding.

Vern

adamstewart 01-10-2005 12:52 AM

Why are we raising 7's from UTG+1 in a 10-handed game??

Adam

Entity 01-10-2005 12:57 AM

You would be wrong to fold this if it got 3-bet coming back to you, assuming CO still calls.

Rob

Vern 01-10-2005 01:20 AM

He didn't, he limped and it was raised back to him.

Frelled 01-10-2005 11:29 AM

Would this be because of the odds I was getting at that point ?

What odds would I need and would it apply to all pocket pairs ?

Someone else said exactly the same thing and referred me to a thread about a pair of 8's, but I can't seem to find it.

Cheers.

Vern 01-10-2005 11:32 AM

Thread about 88

AviD 01-10-2005 12:43 PM

I think your flop cap is horrible as you bet out the turn and make it immediately 2 bets cold to the rest of the field when UTG+1 raises. And oh yeah, you have QUADS!

I would have smooth called the flop, then CRed the whole field on the turn as UTG+1 IS BETTING. And yeah, you would have gotten 3-bet and lost this hand if you didn't hit your 1 outer. But we all get lucky here and there.

StellarWind 01-10-2005 01:08 PM

Nice hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Had MP1 3-bet (see results below), I'd have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not 4-handed I hope. Sets murder big overpairs postflop and you are getting almost 6-1 pot odds. I'm uncertain about what to do 3-handed.

[ QUOTE ]
My main question: It was only when I got raised on the turn I realised what UTG+1 was holding. Should I have figured this quicker ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I also wouldn't worry about rockets until he raises the turn.