Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Money Problem (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394263)

danzasmack 12-08-2005 03:17 PM

Money Problem

So with finals coming up and 3k in my empire account I let my buddy play on it while I studied. My buddy is a sick, sick man and went on a disgusting run and in the past week has brought the account up over 20k. Score. Unfortunatly, now I have to get my buddy the money. The easiest thing to do would be for me to cash out 3k and let him keep the account, but then can he cash out from my account to say, his neteller or firepay?

If you want to make one of those "take the money and run posts" do it somewhere else, I'd like some real help here.

Transferring the money, while it seems would work would take about 6 weeks and would look very suspicious to empire and I don't want my account locked or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

soko 12-08-2005 03:19 PM

Re: Money Problem

Ask for a paper check, then when you receive it, have it endorsed to him. that way he has to deal with the taxes.

btw, what games were he playing?

HRFats 12-08-2005 03:23 PM

Why not cash out his funds to your neteller, EFT to your bank and then get him the money from your bank? There is a $100,000 withdrawal limit with Neteller.

RikaKazak 12-08-2005 03:31 PM

cash out into neteller, open a pokerstars account, get the money into pokerstars, play a little, then transfer to his account on pokerstars. I regularly do over $10,000 transfers and have no problem.

mittman84 12-08-2005 03:33 PM

taxes?

SomethingClever 12-08-2005 05:14 PM

Shouldn't matter, as long as your friend pays his taxes. If you're audited, explain the situation and point to his return.

No?

DaveKForty7 12-08-2005 05:19 PM

Are you getting any of the winnings? Seems to me your entitled to a little sumthin' for pretty much bankrolling him.

RikaKazak 12-08-2005 05:43 PM

Well, if your money never reaches a U.S. bank then they don't know you made it, looks like you made it, then put it on stars, and lost it.

augie00 12-08-2005 09:12 PM

Damn. That is a disgusting run indeed. It would be sweet to have one of those right about now.

BeantownCaller 12-08-2005 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you getting any of the winnings? Seems to me your entitled to a little sumthin' for pretty much bankrolling him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a lot of silly [censored] about what you should and shouldn't be entitled to when you LEND money to a FRIEND.

True, if a buddy of mine let him play on my account and I made 17 grand I would throw him a bone, but it would not be expected.

All of the people who say you shouldn't lend friends money because it will get between your friendships don't have friends good enough to lend money to...me thinks.