Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   the old mike l. rears his ugly head? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344516)

mike l. 09-26-2005 05:11 AM

the old mike l. rears his ugly head?

ok i wont talk about myself in the third person but this hand became an instant post as soon as i played it i felt.

good 40 live game. i had Qh6h on the button and limped after 3 limpers who play bad and one who plays good. the blinds called. 7 of us.

the flop was 6c5d3d. bb who is an okay very young kid who wins im sure and likes to read hands and lay hands down, but also knows i sometimes make plays at pots, bets. two limpers call meaning just about nothing and i raise. he 3 bets, the worst limper calls, and i call.

the turn is Ad. he bets, limper folds, and i raise.

ill stop the action there and see what you guys think.

jgorham 09-26-2005 05:32 AM

Re: the old mike l. rears his ugly head?

I am pretty sure you just want one BB going in on both the turn and river.

Edit: I say this mostly because I think he has a flush draw on the flop a decent percent of the time here. So if he 3bets the turn you should probably fold. But I don't want to fold against this aggressive player who is gonna take shots. So I call.

The Truth 09-26-2005 05:57 AM

I like it assuming you are done with the hand barring improvement on the river.

The A is clearly a scare card, you get a freeshowdown when you want it, and you pick up an extra bet on the river when you improve. All this, with the fold equity, makes it likeable.

-blake

Chris Daddy Cool 09-26-2005 06:34 AM

checking the river unimproved right?

KdoubleK 09-26-2005 06:46 AM

Assuming you want us to ignore the preflop limp it looks good. Just hope he doesn't donkbet the river.

KdoubleK 09-26-2005 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure you just want one BB going in on both the turn and river.

Edit: I say this mostly because I think he has a flush draw on the flop a decent percent of the time here. So if he 3bets the turn you should probably fold. But I don't want to fold against this aggressive player who is gonna take shots. So I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're gonna put 2 BBs into this pot then you need to put them in on the turn. If he 3 bets then you're just done. Unless Mike's left eye twitches twice every time he bluffs and he hums the theme to Bonanza then villain is almost never making a play here. What sucks is a donkbet on the river cause now you're putting in 3 BBs.

Chris Daddy Cool 09-26-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you want us to ignore the preflop limp it looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with the preflop limp?

09-26-2005 07:58 AM

Why not just call on the flop and raise the turn if a blank hits (or fold if the turn brings action in front of you)?

Justin A 09-26-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bb who is an okay very young kid who wins im sure and likes to read hands and lay hands down, but also knows i sometimes make plays at pots

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes it much more likely your turn raise is for value right?

STLantny 09-26-2005 12:27 PM

He has a set.