Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Short Stack against H@LLINGOL and BBuddy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396782)

12-13-2005 02:14 PM

Re: Short Stack against H@LLINGOL and BBuddy

[ QUOTE ]
From start to finish, you played this hand in a way that completely negates any strategic advantage associated with annoying short stack play. I don't understand this at all.

You played this hand like an aquatic animal, but not a shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-13-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From start to finish, you played this hand in a way that completely negates any strategic advantage associated with annoying short stack play. I don't understand this at all.

You played this hand like an aquatic animal, but not a shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ns

12-13-2005 03:41 PM

I tottaly disagree with the way you played this hand. Insta reraise preflop for me, insta bet the flop for me etc. But hey, I'm just a small stakes grinder

lennytheduck 12-13-2005 04:43 PM

I really didn't have any "motives" here. I was sick of studying for finals so I decided to play a little short stack.

I'd like to point out the fact that I pretty much never do this and am admittedly a fish when it comes to short stack playing. I generally buy-in full at 2/4 or 3/6 on stars and was feeling frisky. This was probably not the best line up to learn short stack strategy against, especially as I am not as well versed in their play as everyone else seems to be.

Lets assume I made it $300 PF and both Hallingol and BBuddy call. Just push any flop?

lennytheduck 12-13-2005 04:45 PM

Thanks for the candid advice, Mike.

yvesaint 12-13-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lets assume I made it $300 PF and both Hallingol and BBuddy call. Just push any flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

ninjia3x 12-13-2005 05:22 PM

How do you know my name?

Well, I wasn't trying to be mean, just my way of saying have better table selection.

TheWorstPlayer 12-13-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Python49 12-13-2005 06:47 PM

If you wanted "max value" out of the hand then the play was to reload to full stack.

Chris Daddy Cool 12-13-2005 07:03 PM

i havent read all the responses, but i think just smoothcalling is a mistake. bbuddy will gamble with you preflop trying to bust you and he's not (at least when he is at least semi-sane) just some moron postflop that will double you up for no reson.

reraise preflop and stick it in on the flop.