Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When To Fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288253)

inspectorgadget 07-07-2005 04:02 PM

When To Fold?

PreFlop: SSJBurn is BB with Ah Ts
3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, SSJBurn checks,

Flop: (3.00 SB) 6h 4d Th (3 Players)
SB checks, SSJBurn bets, Button raises, SB calls, SSJBurn raises, Button raises, SB calls, SSJBurn calls,

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8s (3 Players)
SB bets, SSJBurn calls, Button calls,

River: (10.50 BB) 7c (3 Players)
SB bets, SSJBurn calls, Button raises, SB calls, SSJBurn calls,

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Should I fold that river? Also, should I raise preflop here? I would usualy raise preflop with ATo w/ better position...

@bsolute_luck 07-07-2005 04:13 PM

Re: When To Fold?

no, i wouldn't raise preflop.

i wouldn't cap the flop. board is too coordinated to go wild with ATo.

really, i think you can fold the turn, especially since SB is betting into preflop cappers- probably something like 57 or something.

aK13 07-07-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise prefrop... -_-

imported_The Vibesman 07-07-2005 04:24 PM

I might raise pre-flop figuring any better hand (excepting small pocket pairs) would probably have raised coming in, so I probably have the best hand. I do hate playing hands like this in EP tho; probably depends on my opponents.

I probably wouldn't 3bet the flop. I don't think the hand is strong enough to play that aggressively, it may be best now but it is easy to draw out on. I was going to say call the raise and check-raise a safe turn card, but with this flop there aren't many safe turn cards. I also hate the leadoff bet from SB, but it makes no sense; if he made a str8 why not checkraise? At any rate, I'd probably call the turn, I'd want to fold to the river raise but I'd probably do it the same as you did. I think you are behind to a str8 here tho, if not on the turn definitely on the river.

@bsolute_luck 07-07-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise prefrop... -_-

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured someone would. i hate ATo as i still get too tied to pots, especially shorthanded, but i probably should.

MrWookie47 07-07-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise prefrop... -_-

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

DBowling 07-07-2005 04:28 PM

preflop: i dont raise OOP either, though against weak opponents i might.
flop: i bet/3bet here also
turn: i go into call down mode also
river: i call the first river bet, but not sure about the second. i think hed have to be a complete donk to raise it without at least two pair or better.

newfant 07-07-2005 04:29 PM

Tough hand to play. I can't argue with what you did and I probably wouldn't argue with someone who played it differently. I never fold on the river when the pot is that big.

TomBrooks 07-07-2005 05:00 PM

Should I fold that river?

1st call OK, Fold to Raise after you OK. (Edited to fix this, I didn't see River Raise before.)

Also, should I raise preflop here?

Nah

I would usualy raise preflop with ATo w/ better position...

Ya. One of the most marginal raising hands.

@bsolute_luck 07-07-2005 05:09 PM

i'm curious what people think SB and Button have since i think 2 posters have said they'd call the river because of the size of the pot- which is that big because it was capped on the flop by the way. i could possibly be persuaded to call the turn as we have 5 outs to improve if SB is just betting his 2 pair here.

i thought you only called the river if there was a reasonable chance you had the best hand. you really think your top pair is good here? Button caps the flop, calls the turn, and reraises the river? and you think your T is still good especially with SB still calling? curious.