Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Suit Jacket with Jeans? (Inspired by TT) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403254)

12-22-2005 02:49 AM

Suit Jacket with Jeans? (Inspired by TT)

So I have a dark charcoal suit jacket with subtle dark blue pinstripes. I may want to wear this in a casual setting. What are the odds that this works?

I am thinking of wearing it with a pair of dark guess jeans, a white logo tee, and my black leather casualish shoes. Would this be the correct idea behind a successful outfit? How would I tell if this [censored] was working or ridiculous? Feel free to inquire about any missing details or if I have "X" in my wardrobe.

Also, I basically either put product in my hair to make the ladies love it or wear a red sox hat. I assume that I have to do the former and not the latter with this look?

Perrier

Claunchy 12-22-2005 02:52 AM

Re: Suit Jacket with Jeans? (Inspired by TT)

Skip the logo tee and wear a real shirt (i.e., one with buttons). Other than that you're fine.

Oh, and no way should you wear a cap.

shant 12-22-2005 03:12 AM

Did you see in the TT thread the t-shirt I posted with the blazer? Most t-shirts will work with a blazer and look cool and casual, but I'd avoid a white tee. I'd go with a color that compliments the colors in the suit. Think like the color tie you'd wear with the suit and go with a t-shirt with those colors.

You should definitely comb your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

uw_madtown 12-22-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely gel your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that hair gel is tied to douchebag frat boys, but I defend the use for the following reasons:

1) As long as you don't use much, it looks good -- my hair never looks good combed, ever.
2) Most chicks like the slightly-gelled look. At worst, they won't totally write you off.
3) If you aren't a douchebag frat boy, that'll come across pretty quickly.

And while this argument works for gelled hair, it doesn't work for popped collars.

12-22-2005 03:29 AM

Nothing says douchebag fratboy more than a baseball hat with a blazer.

shant 12-22-2005 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely use pomade in your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edtost 12-22-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that hair gel is tied to douchebag frat boys, but I defend the use for the following reasons:

1) As long as you don't use much, it looks good -- my hair never looks good combed, ever.
2) Most chicks like the slightly-gelled look. At worst, they won't totally write you off.

And while this argument works for gelled hair, it doesn't work for popped collars.

[/ QUOTE ]

wax >>> gel.

Aloysius 12-22-2005 03:39 AM

Perrier - a suit jacket or blazer with a button-down shirt and jeans is a very standard look. T-shirt I'm not a big fan of, but many guys do it and pull it off just fine.

Pomade >>>> Gel because it is more subtle looking (the product is not as visible in the hair) and the hold is just as strong.
http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/Produc...pomade_300.jpg

This stuff works well.

Gayily,
-Al

Edit - I don't actually use Crew pomade, but Crew "forming cream", which is basically the same thing I think.

uw_madtown 12-22-2005 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wax >>> gel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, since I haven't given wax/pomade a shot yet. Will have to remember to pick some up soon to give it a try.

runner4life7 12-22-2005 03:48 AM

i actually have that exact thing of pomade and that made me smile. thanks