Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Only Interesting Hand I Played Last Night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360235)

lapoker17 10-18-2005 03:30 PM

The Only Interesting Hand I Played Last Night

Most Boring Session Ever. The Games are terrible right now.

Commerce 10/20.

Pot is straddled. EP limps, Button ($1700) limps - I ($3800) complete for 3 more chips in SB w K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB completes, Straddler checks.

Button is this chick from out of town who has been around for the last few days. Her boyfriend sweats her nonstop - She is not a pro, but from the little I've seen genrelly knows what she is doing - she is unimaginative and average.

So the flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $200. She makes it $600. I push.

BobboFitos 10-18-2005 03:39 PM

Re: The Only Interesting Hand I Played Last Night

NH - it's likely / possible she would isolate straddler with AJ/TT/JJ (or just put in a real raise with those hands from the button anyway) and JT or 33 checking this INCREDIBLY DRAW HEAVY FLOP is so rare for an unimaginative/good player (esp. given it's 4handed pot) so it seems you're ahead.

Given board texture and stacks it's unclear what hand she has so putting it in now avoids tough river cards and playing the river oop. I like it. She'll call with QJ, too. (Or if somehow she has J9 or J8, but not that likely)

Im kinda wondering what the hell she has here, her line doesnt really make sense for alot of hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Her boyfriend sweats her nonstop

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a tool.

Big_Jim 10-18-2005 03:41 PM

Seems hard to believe she checks a set or top two when checked to in a 4 handed pot on that draw heavy board.

Would she check the flop with AJ here? QJ, J9s, J8s?

Would she semi-bluff the turn?

I'm having a hard time putting her on a hand that beats you or a hand that will call this raise when behind.

However, if you think that she might have checked worse Js behind on the flop, then I don't think she can get away from them now.

Rococo 10-18-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a hard time putting her on a hand that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

A misplayed J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a possibility.

BobboFitos 10-18-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a hard time putting her on a hand that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

A misplayed J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

live poker is rigged then

arod15 10-18-2005 04:40 PM

Looks good.....

coltrane 10-18-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Games are terrible right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

where do all your commerce fish play in Vegas?...Bellag?...I was there on Saturday with turnipmonster and they had like 58 tables of 10/20nl going - game was good.....if you know more, plz share....

lapoker17 10-18-2005 04:56 PM

I'm out of the Vegas loop right now - I used to go back and forth quite a bit, but haven't been in forever - may go soon.

Last year, yeah, they would be playing 10/20 at Bellagio.

coltrane 10-18-2005 05:09 PM

yeah I've been here about 4 weeks - games are great....I recuperated from Katrina in San Fran and got some info on the Bay games from Matt and Jonas and others, but never really checked out any Cali poker because I just said f it I'll move to Vegas for a few months.....let me know if you come through...

sawseech 10-18-2005 05:22 PM

As9s?
you musta pushed for a reason