Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A Hand from the 2+2 Table that I don't think I played very well (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379314)

MrWookie47 11-16-2005 04:52 PM

Re: A Hand from the 2+2 Table that I don\'t think I played very well

If I bet and he folds a 2 outer, I gain his equity in the pot, which is about 4%. That's about 1/3 of a BB. Huh. I actually don't think he'll bet the river 1/3 of the time with a hand I beat. I change my vote now that I've worked out the numbers. The pot is big enough that I'd rather win it now. In a smaller pot, though, the fraction of a BB I'd gain from the chance of his betting will be larger than what I forfeit by checking this turn. I guess the only other concern would be getting bluffed off the best hand by a turn c/r, but I don't think any rational player could c/r that turn with a hand I beat. Betting now is better. Thanks for pestering me on that, Reqtech.

Reqtech 11-16-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet and he folds a 2 outer, I gain his equity in the pot, which is about 4%. That's about 1/3 of a BB. Huh. I actually don't think he'll bet the river 1/3 of the time with a hand I beat. I change my vote now that I've worked out the numbers. The pot is big enough that I'd rather win it now. In a smaller pot, though, the fraction of a BB I'd gain from the chance of his betting will be larger than what I forfeit by checking this turn. I guess the only other concern would be getting bluffed off the best hand by a turn c/r, but I don't think any rational player could c/r that turn with a hand I beat. Betting now is better. Thanks for pestering me on that, Reqtech.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to print this out and put it on my refridgerator.

TheMainEvent 11-16-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the only other concern would be getting bluffed off the best hand by a turn c/r, but I don't think any rational player could c/r that turn with a hand I beat. Betting now is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually considered a c/r after I saw the turn just because it was a good card to represent a set or AK and c/r bluffing the turn seems like a hip thing to do in a 2+2 game. But I decided not to and you would have foiled my plan anyways. In a normal game I would be check-folding without much thought here.

silencio 11-16-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call every river bet and raise an ace. Check behind on a Q or K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my range, how is an second A going to give him the winning hand if he didn't have it already?

[/ QUOTE ]

A second A will make him a big favorite against your range (66% if my calculation are right. I put you on AA-QQ, AK).

Without the A he is probably behind (even though your turn check is suspicious).

ErrantNight 11-16-2005 05:39 PM

it's a 2+2 table?

cap every street.

It's best if you hit a runner runner flush or boat.

Reqtech 11-16-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the only other concern would be getting bluffed off the best hand by a turn c/r, but I don't think any rational player could c/r that turn with a hand I beat. Betting now is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually considered a c/r after I saw the turn just because it was a good card to represent a set or AK and c/r bluffing the turn seems like a hip thing to do in a 2+2 game. But I decided not to and you would have foiled my plan anyways. In a normal game I would be check-folding without much thought here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had QQ?

TheMainEvent 11-16-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call every river bet and raise an ace. Check behind on a Q or K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given my range, how is an second A going to give him the winning hand if he didn't have it already?

[/ QUOTE ]

A second A will make him a big favorite against your range (66% if my calculation are right. I put you on AA-QQ, AK).

Without the A he is probably behind (even though your turn check is suspicious).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is ahead more often than he is behind but that is not an argument for a river raise. If he raises he either doesn't get paid off or gets 3-bet by my boat.

TheMainEvent 11-16-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You had QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yessir

silencio 11-16-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[
Yes, he is ahead more often than he is behind but that is not an argument for a river raise. If he raises he either doesn't get paid off or gets 3-bet by my boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken.