Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Share some songs no one else has heard (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394814)

tubalkain 12-09-2005 10:13 AM

Re: Share some songs no one else has heard

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that, I can show the legal precedent that supports this thread, google the 1995 AHRA which allows for sharing of intellectual property if the person sharing owns it and isnt profiting.

share away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that by "person who owns the IP", they mean "the artist or label"? Simply owning a copy of the CD does not give you the right to copy it and pass it out. This is exactly what the RIAA extorts those 5k-10k "settlements" for.

12-09-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that, I can show the legal precedent that supports this thread, google the 1995 AHRA which allows for sharing of intellectual property if the person sharing owns it and isnt profiting.

share away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that by "person who owns the IP", they mean "the artist or label"? Simply owning a copy of the CD does not give you the right to copy it and pass it out. This is exactly what the RIAA extorts those 5k-10k "settlements" for.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I do, but its the only possible defense there is.

tubalkain 12-09-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

share away.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I do, but its the only possible defense there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The RIAA wouldn't need their overpaid team of lawyers to [censored] us all on that one... a chimp in a suit would be all they'd need to have us all paying out the ass. The only real defense will be [censored] locking this thread down, deleting the links, and [censored] the [censored] hell out of the OP. And by "[censored] the [censored] hell out of the OP", I mean "giving the OP ***".

Slow Play Ray 12-09-2005 10:26 AM

This is an old buddy of mine's band...they span quite a few different genres, so give them a listen...I always said he has the best voice/range I have ever heard, and now that they got a record deal, he's finally found a way to have it heard:

Rooftop Suicide Club

TheRover 12-09-2005 11:15 AM

Didn't someone do a music topic a few weeks ago with download links? I don't remember anyone complaining about it then.

If any mod gives it the ok, I've got a couple interesting things.

zephed 12-09-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an old buddy of mine's band...they span quite a few different genres, so give them a listen...I always said he has the best voice/range I have ever heard, and now that they got a record deal, he's finally found a way to have it heard:

Rooftop Suicide Club

[/ QUOTE ]
Not bad.

man 12-09-2005 01:02 PM

I always felt like john paul jones was a completely underrated musician. he doesn't seem as flashy as the rest of the band, but wasn't he responsible for the synth-based music on physical graffiti, and elsewhere?

M2d 12-09-2005 03:00 PM

No one? well, there's a lullaby that I made up and sing to my baby son, but I guess that doesn't really qualify since he's heard it...
how about this one. Kid named Jake Shimabukuro out of hawaii. plays solo ukulele and absolutely jams. he's classified as "folk" or "world", but he's more jazz than those genres indicate. check out this vid clip

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

astroglide 12-09-2005 05:44 PM

the piracy policy is one from 2+2. they are concerned about legal backlash as well as various file distribution methods being used to share their own material.

i think a media link or two is fine in a 'let me introduce this thing i like' post, but a 'hey everybody let's share!' post will probably get out of line. here's a link, here's a link, 50 pages of that, people start posting entire albums because they're great, etc. painful to moderate and a liability. so i feel like i have to stop this one.