Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $55 Quick check 3: KJo on BB facing SB miniraise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407073)

12-29-2005 04:49 PM

Re: $55 Quick check 3: KJo on BB facing SB miniraise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, I just read tigerite's responses, and as usual, he is correct. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to apologize to tigerite. judging by his name I thought he was a she. sorry.

tigerite 12-29-2005 04:55 PM

LOL.. it's not a name from the jewel, it's from the football (soccer to most of you US lot I guess) team I support.. "The Tigers".

12-29-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL.. it's not a name from the jewel, it's from the football (soccer to most of you US lot I guess) team I support.. "The Tigers".

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, tigerite's a brit!?

tigerite 12-29-2005 05:03 PM

Of course I'm a bloody brit! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-29-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

again, my apologies

Snarf 12-29-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, personally, I always (without fail) have some read on the SB by this point and some idea of my table image, and I play KJo here accordingly. There isn't a black and white answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheres that Jukel dude? Did he read this thread?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think yours and 45suited posts are great...I hadn't realized consiously the points you discussed - but I realized that I do go through the same process in this spot...

Incidentally Tigerite (or 45suited)... how bad is cold-calling here and then 'playing some poker' post-flop?

a) You're ITM already
b) You're getting 4:1 on your money
c) Generally - you have to figure you have 2 live ones
d) You have position and may be able to buy it post-flop (since - as we already established - we now have a read on the SB)

tigerite 12-29-2005 05:43 PM

Not bad at all, I'd certainly want to call rather than fold the vast majority of the time I would even consider folding.

z32fanatic 12-29-2005 05:56 PM

I think I would probably call here barring the villain is a total donk and has been minraising a ton. This is because:
a) I don't think he's folding to the all in raise.
b) I don't think we're ahead of him right now.
c) We're kinda short and KJ is a pretty good hand 3 way.
d) If I flop a pair it will probably be top pair and he'll probably bet into me, allowing me to basically double up everytime I flop a pair. I would probably use position to my advantage here.

Repushing isnt a great play I think, I would fold before I pushed against a normal player. I think I call here 75%, fold 25%.