Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A third HU hand with that guy. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363796)

DavidC 10-23-2005 05:32 PM

A third HU hand with that guy.

Maybe 5-8 hands or so have passed, I'm with the same villain as the first two HU hands. We're still alone at the table. I now know, looking at my PT stats, that he's a TAG in full ring play. Someone sat down and watched us for like half a hand, then disappeared. I figure that guy's either using PokerEdge or was initimidated by the stack sizes and aggressive play.

My opponent has been pretty good so far, I think three-betting me once or twice preflop, and he's never limped in. I can't bear to fold with this hand, but it is pretty damn risky to raise with it: he HAS been folding preflop, but of course, you never get to see what they fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

---

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>... (Hero plans to call down vs a three-bet.)

WildDan 10-23-2005 08:56 PM

Re: A third HU hand with that guy.

I like your planned line. Obviously bet out if just called. If 3-bet and a spade falls on the river I'd usually go for the donk bet/fold line.

DavidC 10-23-2005 09:40 PM

bump

milesdyson 10-23-2005 09:52 PM

i was going to respond to this earlier, but i pulled one of those "man what am i even saying" things and deleted it all.

i think i'd check call the turn because i don't want to give him a chance to fold a pair here. check call and lead the river? then again, that's one of those cards where if you were ever to pick a cliche spot to bluff, it's there. maybe he won't fold a pair there anyway? plus you'll get value from his [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s?

i really think heads up hands are too hard to give advice for without seeing like 30/40 hands blocks - like mid/high schneids vs. gonores stuff. i, especially, just end up rambling.

DavidC 10-23-2005 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was going to respond to this earlier, but i pulled one of those "man what am i even saying" things and deleted it all.

i think i'd check call the turn because i don't want to give him a chance to fold a pair here. check call and lead the river? then again, that's one of those cards where if you were ever to pick a cliche spot to bluff, it's there. maybe he won't fold a pair there anyway? plus you'll get value from his [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s?

i really think heads up hands are too hard to give advice for without seeing like 30/40 hands blocks - like mid/high schneids vs. gonores stuff. i, especially, just end up rambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that makes sense. Thanks.