Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Crimson Challenge Round 3 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375216)

Ulysses 11-09-2005 07:10 PM

Crimson Challenge Round 3

OK. Lot of interest from a few different geographies: midwest, pac NW, texas, canada, to name a few. Multiple can happen concurrently if the challenges are right.

I will post the updated pledge and challenge list in this thread later today.

In the meantime, those of you who are looking to do some challenges, please start tossing out your ideas in this thread so we can decide on challenges and location(s) for Round Three.

Let me say this. In general, consumption challenges are starting to get a little played out. Now, the 20oz of Dave's hot sauce, that I might want to see. But, in general, consumption challenges are probably going to get less financial support now, as they are losing their novelty. 1-on-1 competitive challenges are among the types of thing that might be interesting.

Sucker rehashed my prior suggestion of flour, a consumption challenge I do like a lot. Matt Flynn mentioned some nonsense about a blocked intestine or something. Any of you medical folks want to comment on flour-eating considerations? I have eaten a lot of cake, cookies, bread, and pizza before without any problem, so how dangerous can uncooked flour really be?

Still need to finalize pledge commitments in the CC2 thread. Will also do that later today once all committee members have chimed in on all challenges.

toss 11-09-2005 07:11 PM

Re: Crimson Challenge Round 3

Someone make up a challenge with Honey and Bees.

IndieMatty 11-09-2005 07:12 PM

SIIMP tattoo for Behemoth.

astroglide 11-09-2005 07:14 PM

i never read the threads because of noise

i would really appreciate a web page with concrete results and plans

James282 11-09-2005 07:14 PM

Chugging a 9 ounce bottle of Listerine.
-James

asofel 11-09-2005 07:16 PM

What are your thoughts on the water consumption idea being tossed around? I can imagine it being good if done well...

uw_madtown 11-09-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could host a blog for El D to post on pretty quickly if he wants one.

kipin 11-09-2005 07:16 PM

Washington D.C.:

Possible challenges include water challenge, which involves multiple participants.

Flatliner challenge. The flatliner is an insanely hot chicken wing a local place (The Wing Factory) around here carries that makes you sign a waiver before they let you eat them.

We could turn the flatliner into a competition with a prize pool and see who finishes 10 first, or we could do an individual challenge such as eat 20.

I will tell you I have had 2 personally and they are extremely hot. I have a couple friends who have eaten them and the most anyone I know has done is 15. I wasn't there when he did 15 but I have seen someone do 5 and he was shaking and crying after eating those 5.

If you eat 10 they let you sign your name on the wall on some sign that takes about a year to fill up.

Edit: I'd prefer if the water challenge stayed in DC as I came up with the idea.

Also to update the shaking from flatliners. My friend who was shaking held out his hand and it looked like he had parkinson's disease.

chuddo 11-09-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on the water consumption idea being tossed around? I can imagine it being good if done well...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the water challenge would work well if the contestants were somehow tied or handcuffed together for the duration.

11-09-2005 07:19 PM

Beer Bong a Fifth of Bacardi (you pick the flavor). No throwing up for .....10 minutes, say?

uw_madtown 11-09-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beer Bong a Fifth of Bacardi (you pick the flavor). No throwing up for .....10 minutes, say?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very bad idea, unless we call detox first.

11-09-2005 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very bad idea, unless we call detox first.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done. Once he throws up, most of the alcohol is out of his system, no? I've seen it done before.

Diplomat 11-09-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea, if someone is willing to keep it updated/host it. I've given up trying to sort out the threads (where the heck are the videos for the NYC challenges anyway?).

Edit: WTF is the water challenge anyway?

-Diplomat

kipin 11-09-2005 07:26 PM

See here for someones blog entry about the flatliner.

Diplomat 11-09-2005 07:26 PM

Yeah, but I would assume challenges in which the successful completion of a challenge could result in hospitalization are not being considered.

Or are they?

-Diplomat

lighterjobs 11-09-2005 07:29 PM

if there are going to be challenges in texas, the 72 oz steak would be a good one.

it's kind of a boring consumption one, but it would be great if someone could actually do it.

mason55 11-09-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is 1 gal of water in like 20 miuntes and keep it down for a bit?

A friend of mine just did this a couple weeks ago with no trouble. Not really that interesting or difficult seeming.

asofel 11-09-2005 07:52 PM

btw, there's a site called makemeking that shows people doing stupid dares, like shaving with a cheese grater, eating a bowl of cereal with vinegar, getting hit by balls in a batting cage, eating a KY Jelly sandwich.....

Upon looking at the site again so many of the challenges are bad its probably not worth checking out unless you're really really bored...

J.A.Sucker 11-09-2005 07:52 PM

FWIW, I originated the flour challenge, as GoG will attest. As for the blocked colon, that's what drinking that much oil will prevent. Look out below for the brown spray!

gabbahh 11-09-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general, consumption challenges are starting to get a little played out. are losing their novelty. 1-on-1 competitive challenges are among the types of thing that might be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some suggestions:
get a tatoo suggested by 2+2
full body wax
glue your lips together
chit in some public place with lots of people around
get someone to pee over you
drink half a galon of milk and then start kicking each other in the stomach until someone pukes

more to come

Ulysses 11-09-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I'll have badbeetz, who is hosting the videos, set up a details/results webpage.

In the meantime, astro, check out www.donkfrenzy.com for the videos.

Oh yeah, any web designers out there who want to help out badbeetz, your assistance would be greatly appreciated! He is a real idiot, so any help would be great!

DMBFan23 11-09-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Washington D.C.:

Possible challenges include water challenge, which involves multiple participants.

Flatliner challenge. The flatliner is an insanely hot chicken wing a local place (The Wing Factory) around here carries that makes you sign a waiver before they let you eat them.

We could turn the flatliner into a competition with a prize pool and see who finishes 10 first, or we could do an individual challenge such as eat 20.

I will tell you I have had 2 personally and they are extremely hot. I have a couple friends who have eaten them and the most anyone I know has done is 15. I wasn't there when he did 15 but I have seen someone do 5 and he was shaking and crying after eating those 5.

If you eat 10 they let you sign your name on the wall on some sign that takes about a year to fill up.

Edit: I'd prefer if the water challenge stayed in DC as I came up with the idea.

Also to update the shaking from flatliners. My friend who was shaking held out his hand and it looked like he had parkinson's disease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would attend the [censored] out of a DC challenge

asofel 11-09-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I'll have badbeetz, who is hosting the videos, set up a details/results webpage.

In the meantime, astro, check out www.donkfrenzy.com for the videos.

Oh yeah, any web designers out there who want to help out badbeetz, your assistance would be greatly appreciated! He is a real idiot, so any help would be great!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...i'll pm him...if anyone has any thoughts on automating or doing any programming on this site, let me know....

asofel 11-09-2005 08:39 PM

Somewhere I read that the world record for two guys to finish a keg was something along the lines of 48 hours...

I've wanted to try this and am curious if this might be worthy of some interest?

mason55 11-09-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere I read that the world record for two guys to finish a keg was something along the lines of 48 hours...

I've wanted to try this and am curious if this might be worthy of some interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll help.

Alobar 11-09-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the water challenge would work well if the contestants were somehow tied or handcuffed together for the duration.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone does realize that you can die from consuming to much water, correct?

why dont we have the who can breathe the longest with their head in a plastic bag challenge, or the who can snort the most ajax challenge

fyodor 11-09-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One time during a non-drinking phase of my life I won a keg of beer at a superbowl party at a bar. I had one month to drink the keg. So I used to go in and just give beers away to friends and I would tip the waitress $1 per pint.

At the beginning of the night I would ask how many pints I was up to as they kept a running tab behind the bar. As the waitresses soon realized they were making better tips out of me than some other regulars who might only tip 25c or 50c per pint, they began to fudge the figures.

I would start the night with a total of 53 pints for instance and by the end of the night I was at 48. wtf? was I putting beer back in the keg?

I never did finish that keg by the end of the month.

asofel 11-09-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll help.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok its 165 12 cups...say 84 per person in 48 hours...2 beers per hours for 2 days straight.....

is it a good sign that i'm getting thirsty thinking about this?

peachy 11-09-2005 08:52 PM

if i remember right the uncooked flour and some other products are bad b/c they expland in the stomach later...and can cause problems for some people

asofel 11-09-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i remember right the uncooked flour and some other products are bad b/c they expland in the stomach later...and can cause problems for some people

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a way of describing a simultaneous explosion/expansion? cuz that'd be pretty cool...like a big bang in your stomach...

peachy 11-09-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a way of describing a simultaneous explosion/expansion? cuz that'd be pretty cool...like a big bang in your stomach...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah except u have around 15 mins to live if this happens in some extreme cases - stomach acid in ur system isnt a good thing

Cancer Merchant 11-09-2005 08:58 PM

To cleanse the palate after consumption challenges, how about some type of strength/endurance challenge? Lifting 1/1.5/2x bodyweight, pushing cars, World's Strongest Man type stuff. They'd have to be prorated by the challenger's weight, but I'm sure OOT can figure it out.

Something like this would be deceptively tough.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/strongman9a.jpg

MEbenhoe 11-09-2005 09:00 PM

OOT chocolate milk mile would be funny, to me at least.

Jurollo 11-09-2005 09:05 PM

Something that would cause explosive diarrhea could be good. Perhaps some magnesium citrate (laxitive) and a depends diaper.
~Justin

Crimson 11-09-2005 09:06 PM

My brother still wants to be paintballed and tazered.

Cancer Merchant 11-09-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm an idiot, what's the chocolate milk mile?

Another upside of strength challenges: one on one opportunities for trash talk, etc.

Or combine them with food. Chug a beer and then hold a couple sacks of horseshoes for a minute after the other guy socks you in the gut, then switch.

ethan 11-09-2005 09:15 PM

There's always the blood-donation triathalon:
1) Donate a pint of blood
2) Chug a 6-pack, traditionally PBR
3) Run a mile

MEbenhoe 11-09-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm an idiot, what's the chocolate milk mile?

[/ QUOTE ]

find a hs track

run a mile

drink a 12 oz glass of chocolate milk before each lap

watch as hilarity ensues

Lazymeatball 11-09-2005 10:14 PM

I only offer up another boring consumption challenege. I challenge Evan to a milk based competition as we are similar in size and stature. It could either be a race to finish a half gallon, or just see who could drink the most in an hour. I'm up here in MA though, so maybe some challenges could be conducted in the Foxwoods parking lot.

PoBoy321 11-09-2005 10:26 PM

I would love to stay updated on a DC Crimson Challenge. I'd be very interested in getting involved.

Also, as a challenge, I think that since this will probably happen in the dead of winter, maybe some kind of "Who can stand outside in only boxers the longest" type challenge, although I imagine that the possibility of frostbite might be too much for some.