Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Techies Please Help! I can't get to neteller on my Windows XP machines (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223664)

FlopMe 03-31-2005 06:55 PM

Techies Please Help! I can\'t get to neteller on my Windows XP machines

I can't get to www.neteller.com on either of my computers with Windows XP as the operating system. I've tried using Internet Explorer as well as Mozilla Firefox. However, I CAN get to their website using a PC with Windows 98 as the OS or by using a proxy on my Windows XP systems.

Can anyone make any sense out of this? At first, I thought my IP address was banned because I could only get there using a proxy, but my PC with Windows 98 on it can get there no problem. Neteller is the only site I've found so far that I can't get to.

I've been able to rule out several possibilities. It's not my router because I've tried running directly off my cable modem plus the Windows 98 machine is running off the same router. It's not Windows Firewall because that is disabled. It's not Norton Antivirus because I tried without NA running plus the Windows 98 PC is running Norton as well.

It's not my hosts file, localhost is the only entry there. I've tried making neteller.com a trusted site. I have disabled pop-up blocking. I tried making a new profile on Windows XP. Nothing has worked except using a proxy which I'm a little scared to put my username and password through a proxy.

Please help. One trillion bonus points to anyone that can get me connected to Neteller on my Windows XP machine without using a proxy.

kross 03-31-2005 07:00 PM

Re: Techies Please Help! I can\'t get to neteller on my Windows XP machines

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get to www.neteller.com

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little vague. What, exactly, happens? What errors, if any?

FlopMe 03-31-2005 07:03 PM

I get this message from Internet Explorer:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I get this message from Mozilla Firefox:

The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.neteller.com

chux52 03-31-2005 07:10 PM

Re: Techies Please Help! I can\'t get to neteller on my Windows XP mach

hey .. just had this problem myself

go to support.microsoft.com

search for "813444"

follow the instructions there

FlopMe 03-31-2005 07:28 PM

Thank you for your reply chux but unfortunately I've done all of that and it didn't solve the problem.

Why did it have to be neteller? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TylerD 03-31-2005 07:30 PM

Did you check the date/time on your router? Do you happen to be in the UK?

FlopMe 03-31-2005 07:34 PM

I just checked the date and time on my router and they are correct. I'm in Missouri, USA.

Russ McGinley 03-31-2005 07:42 PM

Have you changed your security and privacy settings to Low? I had a similar problem where I could not access anything from PokerStars all of the sudden, then after about 2 hours, it worked again. PS never went down, it just wouldn't come up for me (software didn't work either).

FlopMe 03-31-2005 07:46 PM

Yep tried that. I put neteller.com in the trusted sites list and clicked on default level which is low for the trusted sites.

TwiceShotPhil 03-31-2005 07:49 PM

My innate paranoia and the fact that Neteller has a "caution, be sure you sign in only to ..." on it's homepage means that the FIRST thing I would do is to call Neteller (1-86neteller) and freeze my account just in case something weird is going on. While I am a programmer (and so know something of what I am talking about) I am not a very good programmer so I wouldn't necessarily put too much faith in my fears.