Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Where, oh where have all the fish gone?... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297751)

07-21-2005 06:34 PM

Where, oh where have all the fish gone?...

...Where, oh where can they be?

I played 30 $11 SNGs today, and seriously, they were the hardest SNGs I have played in the last week.

Anyone else notice an increase in skill, and ability to fold hands in the $11 games?

TheWeakling

sahala 07-21-2005 06:43 PM

Re: Where, oh where have all the fish gone?...

[ QUOTE ]
...Where, oh where can they be?

I played 30 $11 SNGs today, and seriously, they were the hardest SNGs I have played in the last week.

Anyone else notice an increase in skill, and ability to fold hands in the $11 games?

TheWeakling

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I've actually had a big upswing on the $10+1s since last Wednesday. I hypothesized that there are a bunch of new guys looking for the final table experience as inspired by the WSOP events. I'm running well and anxiously await a flightful crash to the normal. Yesterday's results were actually some of my best.

So variance basically. You're feeling the brunt end of it. 30 games isn't really enough, though, to conclude that players are suddently getting better, just as I can't say that ~100 easy games indicate that players are getting worse.

pergesu 07-21-2005 06:48 PM

To make a spinoff of a Rounders quote...

If you're playing 11s and don't know where the fish are, then you're one of the fish

wulfheir 07-21-2005 06:48 PM

Brutal week at the 11s for me.

curtains 07-21-2005 06:52 PM

is there a forum rule that once per 3 days someone needs to post saying how tough the games have suddenly become overnight?

tigerite 07-21-2005 07:12 PM

Well, I had 350 chips with 25/50 blinds, I pushed with JTo, and a fish re-raised all in for his 420 with 27s from the small blind.

They're definitely still alive and kicking, I can assure you

Bill Poker 07-21-2005 07:19 PM

that hurts, man.......javascript:void(0)
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
To make a spinoff of a Rounders quote...

If you're playing 11s and don't know where the fish are, then you're one of the fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Freudian 07-21-2005 07:21 PM

The fish are there and they are calling all in on a draw. Furthermore they are hitting it all the time.

07-22-2005 10:33 AM

It\'s a Doyle Quote, and you mangled it

The quote is actually, "If you look around and can't spot the sucker in the first 15 minutes at the table, you are the sucker."
-And rounders was quoting Doyle, long live "Texas Dolly"

Uppercut 07-22-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I had 350 chips with 25/50 blinds, I pushed with JTo, and a fish re-raised all in for his 420 with 27s from the small blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was soooooted! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]