Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Men and Jewelry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360864)

ThaSaltCracka 10-19-2005 12:58 PM

Men and Jewelry

IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches, a crucifix, and wedding rings. Everything is absurd, and gawdy.

Article about NBA's dress code

yeah it is a sports article, but thats not the point. This man has 4 chains that he wears. I am also so sick of all this stupid ass rappers wearing gigantic medallions that spin, diamond incrusted belt buckels, platinum fronts, and million dollar ear rings. When did this become a black thing, for all black guys to wear millions of dollars of jewelry? Also, frat boys with earrings just signify's even moreso that they are gay.

The only acceptable excuse for a man to be wearing earrings is that he is a pirate.

Anyone else hate it when men wear jewelry?

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:00 PM

Re: Men and Jewelry

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches. And I don't even really consider them jewelry.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jaydub 10-19-2005 01:03 PM

Actually what annoys me about this is the way the players are crying racism, in a league whose players almost completely black.

Ageism is the correct call here, not racism. Alonzo Mourning vs Allen Iverson not Steve Nash vs Allen Iverson.

Shajen 10-19-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else hate it when men wear jewelry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate it, but I do snicker and feel superior when I see it.

(a wedding ring is not jewelry, in my world)

Cancer Merchant 10-19-2005 01:04 PM

How black is the NBA front office? They're trying to market to the affluent white folks who can afford floor tickets and luxury boxes.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate it, but I do snicker and feel superior when I see it.

(a wedding ring is not jewelry, in my world)

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post! I pretty much do the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And you're right a wedding ring is a restraining device, not jewelry.

cdxx 10-19-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the only jewelry guys should wear are watches, a crucifix, and wedding rings. Everything is absurd, and gawdy.

[/ QUOTE ]

crucifixes are too goddy for my taste.

i actually bought my only piece of jewelry this weekend. my gf and i went to a wedding, and i had a french cuff shirt. so we stopped by and bought some fairly simple silver cufflinks. i noticed that those are not covered in the NBA dress code.

i think a watch, a chain, a wedding ring, cufflinks, and maybe a tie pin is the most jewelry a man should ever need. i like the dress code.

samjjones 10-19-2005 01:23 PM

I refuse to wear jewelry. Not even my wedding ring.

evil_twin 10-19-2005 01:32 PM

A crucifix? Way to advertise your brainwashed status.

Shajen 10-19-2005 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to wear jewelry. Not even my wedding ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious.

Why?