Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   omfg not another pf Q!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401769)

Drontier 12-20-2005 01:20 AM

omfg not another pf Q!!

sorry guys, what the heck do you do with A2o,A3o,A4o,A5o, A6o in the sb when button limps? What if 2 limpers? I've been completing them, but my winrate for these hands are beyond bad. I think I should open fold them in the bb. Am I just running bad, or way too loose pf?

Victor 12-20-2005 01:27 AM

Re: omfg not another pf Q!!

i play a5o or better sometimes.

StellarWind 12-20-2005 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry guys, what the heck do you do with A2o,A3o,A4o,A5o, A6o in the sb when button limps? What if 2 limpers? I've been completing them, but my winrate for these hands are beyond bad. I think I should open fold them in the bb. Am I just running bad, or way too loose pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
I send the little ones to the bit bucket.

A7o-A5o I usually look left and if I see a passive player I complete. If I think the BB likes bashing limpers then I don't need to be involved.

I just had a new idea. Maybe against 60/20 buttons and tight blinds I should raise to isolate? The idea is that the button would raise with an ace so a flopped ace is an easy win and otherwise I play for my unimproved ace to be the best hand.

Well maybe this is whacky idea. Tell me what you think.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 01:54 AM

Muck most of those... limp the middle ones, raise the bigger ones. Tough to understand, I know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: I'm assuming a 1/2 blind structure, not a 2/3.

Drontier 12-20-2005 01:55 AM

i think i suck at poker. and am too cheap to buy lessons. free tutoring please?

TStoneMBD 12-20-2005 01:57 AM

against an open button limp i am completing A2o and sometimes raising these hands but rarely anymore since it represents ace high which is exactly what you dont want to reprsent. id rather raise J8o then A2o in these spots. i dont see why people are folding A2o in the SB against a button limp. thats a huge hand with alot of equity.

TheMetetron 12-20-2005 02:00 AM

Because I've been spraying in the blinds recently somehow and am trying to correct it. I suspect this may be one of the causes. It's also possible I am making things up in my mind.

Lmn55d 12-20-2005 02:11 AM

I play them all and would only raise low/mid unsuited aces if I felt the BB folds often, which is very rare at 10/20.

NLfool 12-20-2005 02:23 AM

how can you fold any of them?

Drontier 12-20-2005 02:24 AM

im happy to see theres at least discussion here and im not a complete idiot for posting this.