Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coordinated boards. What Im I doing wrong? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320424)

Peter-23 08-22-2005 02:43 PM

Coordinated boards. What Im I doing wrong?

Im getting completely crushed by these coordinated boards

Please help me.

What am I doing wrong?

Party Poker (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, SB folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP1 folds.

Final Pot:

Eeegah 08-22-2005 02:52 PM

Re: Coordinated boards. What Im I doing wrong?

You went wrong when you posted this hand without looking at the preview to see if it was actually right. Take "Texas " out of your hand history. Also post reads.

Peter-23 08-22-2005 03:04 PM

Ops, thanks.

Both BB and MP1 were loose. especially BB who played almost everything til the river and was also aggressive betting and raising often.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

SlantNGo 08-22-2005 03:15 PM

What was the question again? This hand is fine. Consider raising preflop if SB will fold.

grjr 08-22-2005 03:26 PM

Looks fine to me. You're lucky that BB was afraid of the flush and didn't raise you on the river with his straight.

I've learned to hate catching 2 pair when I have connectors. 2 pair with J2 is much better. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Peter-23 08-22-2005 03:51 PM

Well, obviously Im not satisfied with the outcome of hands like this.

Im getting completely crushed when the boards are coordinated like this.

Acctually I believe this is the leak in my game. When I hit two pair, top pair or overpair on boards that look like this (or similar), then I just cant get them profitable.

This is a typical hand. I hit something, take the lead, get called down and lose. And when I win I win early in the hand winning a tiny pot. The tiny pots I win do not add up to cover the loses.

So I'm thinking there must be something I am doing wrong or don't realize.

Sykes 08-22-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, obviously Im not satisfied with the outcome of hands like this.

Im getting completely crushed by these coordinated boards.

Acctually I believe this is the leak in my game. When I hit two pair, top pair or overpair on boards that look like this (or similar), then I just cant get them profitable.

This is a typical hand. I hit something, take the lead, get called down and lose. And when I win I win early in the hand winning a tiny pot. The tiny pots I win do not add up to cover the loses.

So I'm thinking there must be something I am doing wrong or don't realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small sample size. Did BB have Q9?

Peter-23 08-22-2005 03:55 PM

50k hands.

He had T9o

08-22-2005 04:01 PM

Raise PF, otherwise you're golden. Pretty straight-forward stuff--this hand will make you money more often than not.

grjr 08-22-2005 04:07 PM

QJo has won me some money. Not a lot--it's tied with JTo--but it's ok. KQo on the other hand is my 8th best money winner.

When the board is co-ordinated like that and you're not the one with the straight then you have to slow down even if you have 2 pair.