Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rangers : Are they For Real? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362012)

UCF THAYER 10-20-2005 09:29 PM

Rangers : Are they For Real?

As a big New York Rangers fan, i must say they have looked very good this year. They've been consistently outshooting opponents, Jagr is excelling with the new rules, and they seem like they're playing with a flare i havn't seen in 10 years. How far do you think they can make it in the playoffs?

youtalkfunny 10-20-2005 10:28 PM

Re: Rangers : Are they For Real?

Um, they have four wins in nine games played.

Sounds mediocre to me.

pokerdirty 10-20-2005 11:00 PM

if only they would work on overtime strategy... 3 OTLs

TheRover 10-20-2005 11:01 PM

How about they win next time I bet on them? That would be nice.

wh1t3bread 10-21-2005 09:33 AM

The Rangers look the best that they have in the last 10 years. Renney has those guys playing hard all 60 minutes of the game. It's not a team of superstars that can't play together any more. They actually look like a T-E-A-M. What a concept [censored] concept Sather! I can't believe it took him this long to figure that out. Also, Jagr has just been unstoppable.

That said they still have alot of work to do. Poti needs to step up more and play well on both sides of the ice. The can't rely on Jagr scoring all their goals for them. Rucinsky has played well, but they need someone else to step up too. They have to actually get those overtime wins. And Lundqvist needs to be given more chances to take Weekes' job from him the next month or so. Hopefully that will happen.

I'm a big Rangers fan too. I am excited and surprised with how this team came out to start the season. Especially on opening night with the comeback win in Philly. It's hard to say if this team can be the one that gets us back to the playoffs right now. I'm hoping they can.

Zurvan 10-21-2005 09:42 AM

I would say the Rangers are way over-performing right now. As long as Jagr wants to be, he can be one of the 2 or 3 best players in the world, and he can carry this team a long way.

It's highly unlikely they make the playoffs, because of how strong the East is this year. They can do it, but it would require a minor miracle.

Given a few years, these guys could be pretty good. Lots of good, young prospects.

JordanIB 10-21-2005 02:49 PM

Nice couple of nights they've had here. Suckas.

<font color="orange"> LET'S GO ISLANDERS!! </font>

Triumph36 10-21-2005 05:12 PM

They're going to get to the playoffs?

The Rangers are a decent squad - the SI prediction of them in last place was a complete joke - but they don't have what it takes to get to the playoffs. That defense is bad, there's not a single player I would take. Kasparaitis is taking stupid penalties, Malik is a human turnover machine, Poti is a superhuman turnover machine, Tyutin will be a very good player but last night he was terrible, Kondratiev's just okay, and Roszival is a 6 on the best of nights. Lundqvist looks like a very good goaltender but he's not used to the North American schedule, so the Rangers would be foolish to use him in more than 40 games.

Jaromir Jagr is great with the new rules, but beyond him there isn't much reliable scoring. This team will bottom out and finish 11th or 12th.

ucfryan 10-21-2005 07:07 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/rdx80/flyers.jpg

Forsberg to Gagne ftw.

MarkSummers 10-21-2005 10:55 PM

HAahah, the rangers are terrible. Jagr is playing good this year. But you want Weekes and Lundquist as the goalies??? haha, not gonna make the playoffs.

GO ISLANDERS!!!!!!!!!