Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How to respond? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374956)

Hendricks433 11-09-2005 12:52 PM

Re: How to respond?

I fold. Pass up on a maybe not even +ev situation to preserve chips for bubble time where I can outplay my opponents.

11-09-2005 01:01 PM

Nah you can't calculate at table. After you use poker stove a while (for post game analysis) and read the numerous articles (especially on AK), you just remember the numbers.

Slim Pickens 11-09-2005 01:22 PM

This is as tricky as things get at the 11's. People make all sorts of inappropriate min-reraises with things like KQ and AJ because they're still in a limit Holdem mentality. Anyway, I'd just push all-in here. Folding isn't too bad either. calling isn't necessarily bad, but it's probably not the best way to get value out of your hand.

downtown 11-09-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is as tricky as things get at the 11's. People make all sorts of inappropriate min-reraises with things like KQ and AJ because they're still in a limit Holdem mentality. Anyway, I'd just push all-in here. Folding isn't too bad either. calling isn't necessarily bad, but it's probably not the best way to get value out of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim is right on, here. My default move at the 11s here was to always just push. You will get shown Ax where x is lower than K enough to make this move very profitable in the long run in the 11s. Like slim said though, other options are not terrible.

Cactus Jack 11-09-2005 01:32 PM

I agree that on PP I would have pushed it. AK plays best when you see all the cards. However, if this was PokerStars, I would have called and folded to the reraise. Not much harm to my stack. This is a good hand that illustrates the differences between the two sites.

CJ

11-09-2005 01:33 PM

I'm torn between all three options. My original thought was to call, but the large % of your stack makes this push/fold. Are you more concerned with your hourly rate than your ROI? If so, I push this. Otherwise, not really sure.

sofere 11-09-2005 02:05 PM

I think I'd push just because I just saw seat 7 triple up in the 1st 2 hands and I'm the jealous type who doesn't like to be outdone.

11-09-2005 02:11 PM

Push. You won't believe what sorts of crazy crap you'll see calling at this level.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-09-2005 02:22 PM

calling would be terrible.

folding is only an option if you never intend to play poker again.

Push all your chips in the middle.

durron597 11-09-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because you're not closing the action?