Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Kings, Paired Board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400082)

Mercman572 12-17-2005 02:13 AM

Kings, Paired Board

Villain is 60/3/1.5 after 30 hands, so he's bad.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($96.60)
BB ($93.80)
UTG ($245.05)
MP ($352.99)
Hero ($110.62)
Button ($87.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($10.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($60.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30.

River: ($120.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

How's my line? I figure I charge flush draws and get a good amount from a weaker overpair. I considered pushing the turn but I think I want to keep worse hands along at the wrong price. I considered checking but A high spade gets off cheap. I was planning on calling a push on a blank river

PoBoy321 12-17-2005 02:16 AM

Re: Kings, Paired Board

Fold to the flop 3-bet. It's unlikely that he has less than trips.

Mercman572 12-17-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I took it to be him overvaluing a PP since the board paired.
Guess it depends on how thoughtful you assume the opponent to be in this situation (i.e. my raising is a bluff since nobody bets a paired board with the goods, 2 me raising is not a bluff because of the flush draw, 3 the oppeonent thinking "he has overcards so I should bet", 4 I like my hand and don't care what the other guy has). 4 can be any kind of hand depending on the individual villain.

I don't know what percentage you could generalize that this is a PP vs this is the trips and I'd be interested to hear peoples oppinion on this for the 100NL level.
Had he led the turn I would have been very inclined to fold.

Mercman572 12-17-2005 07:02 PM

Bump. If you agree with PoBoy, quote him. If you think the flop call is ok, I'd appreciate some more thoughts on the turn onward.

Godfather80 12-17-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the few numbers you have, Merc, this guy is NOT aggressive. When he leads then 3-bets on this board, you aren't going to be ahead often against a typical player.

aces_dad 12-17-2005 07:44 PM

With those numbers I agree villian is not 3betting with a draw but rather a made hand on the flop. Folding to the 3 bet is reasonable.

On the turn he probably fears a flush himself and is holding some middle kicker 9. I don't think charging a naked A is necessary as I don't think it's that likely of a holding. He may have given you a free showdown.

cardsharkk04 12-18-2005 03:41 AM

You guys seem to have a good read on the villain, but usually at 100NL this could easily be a smaller overpair. I don't mind checking when the flush card hits the turn and value betting the river if he checks again.

Isura 12-18-2005 03:48 AM

I usually just call the flop here. Pretty drawless board, and we are way ahead to a smaller PP, and way behind 9x. I think the turn is spewing. Villain showed a lot of strength on the flop, I would want to get to the river and keep the pot smaller. You can valuebet the river if he checks again.

FreakDaddy 12-18-2005 04:06 AM

When it's checked to me on the river here I value bet. Other than that it looks ok. I could nitpick and say bet slightly more on turn - I like $40.

FreakDaddy 12-18-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually just call the flop here. Pretty drawless board, and we are way ahead to a smaller PP, and way behind 9x. I think the turn is spewing. Villain showed a lot of strength on the flop, I would want to get to the river and keep the pot smaller. You can valuebet the river if he checks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this opponent, I like the flop raise. Also either villian outflopped us - unlikely, or we're ahead here most of the time. Tpyically with marginal hands, checking the turn is standard, but here you want to get some more money in against TT-QQ and other under pairs while you're a big favorite. Hand reading right?