Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   MTH v2.008 Release (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385692)

OrcaDK 11-26-2005 05:23 PM

MTH v2.008 Release

Finally it's ready to release. I was going to release it before the weekend, but Party's beta client kinda ruined that attempt.

# 2.008
# 100% Party beta client support
# Added new tool, "Open SNG"
# Added setup tool, automatically reinstalls old version when installing new one, it keeps your settings
# Added check at setup, enesuring that user has the .NET Framework installed, if not, user will be prompted to download
# Added auto update functionality, MTH will now check for new versions at startup, and automatically donwload & install these
# Added new control option, "Voice Commands"
# Added new option "Allow bet / raise when no amount has been entered", this allows for minbetting without entering an amount
# Fixed a 'bug' where the table bet box would receive focus when clearing the content, now it only receives focus when a new value is entered
# Fixed a bug that made it possible for MTH to be opened several times, resulting in problems
# Fixed a bug where the last action timer would not show any values above 60 seconds

You can get the new version from http://www.multitablehelper.com

Run the .exe inside the zip file to install MTH, this will ensure that you've got the required .NET Framework installed.

To enable voice command support, you have to download the voice addon, look in the preferences for info on this. I will compile some help on the voice command option when i get the time.

- Orca

OrcaDK 11-26-2005 06:07 PM

Re: MTH v2.008 Release

It seems that the beta support has made MTH a bit more CPU demanding, i will look into reducing the CPU usage of MTH.

zaphod 11-26-2005 06:17 PM

Thanks. You are doing a great job. I will not be able to try it in the near future since i am working, but i guess it is great as always.

Pokertini 11-26-2005 06:46 PM

I've got it running on my system. Do you know if the accuracy improves after use? Occassionally it interprets a "FOLD" when I said, "CALL" If not, I'll have to practice speaking more clearly. At least I'm accidently playing tighter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OrcaDK 11-26-2005 06:52 PM

If you have not done so already, you need to open the speech control panel (there's a link in the preferences) and click the Training button. You should run _at least_ two training sessions, other than the first demo training. That'll make sure MTH knows a little about your voice before trying to interpret it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] From the same control panel you can also increase the recognition accuracy.

OrcaDK 11-26-2005 08:43 PM

An emergency release, 2.009, has been sent out.

# 2.009
# Fixed a bug where a player using his timebank caused the table to be picked us as being active

For users already running .008, it should auto update.

SamIAm 11-26-2005 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An emergency release, 2.009, has been sent out.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't worry about it. That's why you leave room for 1000 updates till you have to release version 3. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for the update. Keep up the good work.
-Sam

gila 11-26-2005 10:58 PM

Hello, I know I should know this, but what exactly does this program do. I see a lot of people mentioning it, but have never seen the specifics of it. I am gathering it has something to do with running tables without a mouse, is this correct?

Thanks for any clarification.

SamIAm 11-27-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I know I should know this, but what exactly does this program do.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, lookit what I found when I searched.
-Sam

Degen 11-27-2005 12:24 PM

i really hate to be the a$$hole who posts this, but i think you deserve it bro

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CHARGE FOR THIS! JEEZUS THANK YOU!

SuitedSixes 11-29-2005 02:43 AM

This is quite simply the coolest thing in the world. I bought a microphone to try out the VR stuff, and I have been 10-tabling for three hours without an error. My shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers thank you.

Bluff Daddy 11-29-2005 05:59 AM

now I have to go get a mic, that is awesome

OrcaDK 11-29-2005 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really hate to be the a$$hole who posts this, but i think you deserve it bro

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CHARGE FOR THIS! JEEZUS THANK YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OrcaDK 11-29-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is quite simply the coolest thing in the world. I bought a microphone to try out the VR stuff, and I have been 10-tabling for three hours without an error. My shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, very glad to hear that it works so well! People are reporting lots of different results.

The thing with VR is really that i don't have much control. I have not developed the VR engine from the ground up, that would be way too much work. Instead i'm piggy backing on the Microsoft Speech engine, and as such, the actual VR is being done by the Microsoft Speech engine. That's also why it's the Speech control panels settings that change the behaviour of MTH.

Some people are really struggling to get it working, others - like you it seems - make it work without problems.

OrcaDK 11-29-2005 11:55 AM

I've sent out 2.010, only change is that the expiration date has been increased to give me time to work on the next release [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Autoupdate should work, otherwise get it from www.multitablehelper.com

SuitedSixes 11-29-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Some people are really struggling to get it working, others - like you it seems - make it work without problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran through three training sessions on the Microsoft Speech engine and then tested it through the "MTH Speech Command Recognition" for 300 words. I am also using a $19.95 microphone that I bought at Wal-Mart.

Now I just need to learn to make an AHK script for my gamepad to play on Absolute, and I will be set.

WarDekar 11-29-2005 02:05 PM

I haven't used the VR yet, but how extensive is it?

If I'm 10-tabling NL SNGs, can I simply say "Fold," "Check," "Call," "Bet x," "Raise to x," etc.? Or will the VR only work for limit?

11-29-2005 06:37 PM

When I try to autoupdate, installation can not be finished, because it tells me that it cannot read from the folder because of a network error.
Any suggestions?

OrcaDK 11-29-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I try to autoupdate, installation can not be finished, because it tells me that it cannot read from the folder because of a network error.
Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try downloading the newest version manually from www.multitablehelper.com and install it. It'll function as an update if you have it installed already.

imcastleman 11-29-2005 11:25 PM

I love your original MTH but this new release doesn't bring up the table if you are away. I NEED that to happen otherwise I will blind down to 4th like I did in this tournametn with this one HH below!!! This was just one hand that I folded. I didn't know that I was away from a table until the popup came up asking me if I wanted my tournament hand summary sent to me.

#Game No : 3117703735
***** Hand History for Game 3117703735 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:17841795 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Tuesday, November 29, 21:42:12 EDT 2005
Table Table 69188 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: jnala ( $1715 )
Seat 5: AZZEATER ( $4876 )
Seat 6: aavags23 ( $1350 )
Seat 8: SevnFigures ( $217 )
Seat 10: DPrizzle111 ( $1842 )
Trny:17841795 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SevnFigures [ As Ad ]
>You have options at Table 68251 Table!.
DPrizzle111: wow
aavags23 is all-In [1350]
SevnFigures folds.
DPrizzle111: so XXXXing lucky
DPrizzle111 folds.
>You have options at Table 68251 Table!.
jnala folds.
AZZEATER calls [1200].
>You have options at Table 68316 Table!.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 3c, 9s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ]
aavags23 shows [ 5h, Ah ] high card ace.
AZZEATER shows [ Ac, Kd ] a pair of kings.
AZZEATER wins 2775 chips from the main pot with a pair of kings.
aavags23 finished in fifth place.
>You have options at Table 67302 Table!.
aavags23 has left the table.
Game #3117705562 starts.

OrcaDK 11-30-2005 06:58 AM

If you're away your hand get's auto folded in tourneys, or you're simply sitting out in cash games. Because of this, "action" never get's to you, so MTH wouldn't know it was your turn. The only solution to this is to check the MTH table list and make sure that no tables have timed out (by looking at the 'time since last action').

You can also set it up so that tables where you're away at get's put in a special location, then you'd be able to easily identify those tables.

SippinSoma 11-30-2005 10:26 AM

Unreal. Thank you.

mosuavea 11-30-2005 10:57 AM

How does the VR work for NL?

OrcaDK 11-30-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the VR work for NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

As in normal MTH usage, there's only one active window at a time. When there's an active table, you can simply say commands like:

bet / raise <- does the same thing, like keyboard controls
check / call <- same as above
fold

To enter amounts, you can do like this:

10 = ten
11 = eleven
21 = two one
100 = one hundred
107 = ten seven (or "one oh seven")
111 = one eleven
120 = one twenty
407 = fourty seven (or "one oh seven")

So in short, the amounts you can use are:

zero - nine
eleven - nineteen
twenty, thirty ... ninety
hundred (appends 00 to the bet amount)
thousand (appends 000 to the bet amount)

What you cannot do is say:
one fourty seven (as in 147), that'll be = 1407
one hundred and twenty (120) = 10020

mosuavea 11-30-2005 11:15 AM

Cool I plan to give this a shot and see how it goes

FatTony21 11-30-2005 12:25 PM

Have you made any headway on reducing the CPU overhead of MTH? I've noticed that ever since 2.008, PokerAce is unable to keep up with tables as they are moved to the active location. My guess is the higher CPU use may be the problem.

OrcaDK 11-30-2005 12:28 PM

Yeah, i found out it was a local issue on my machine. The CPU usage shouldn't have changed noticably. I am looking into the PA / MTH problems.

Pokertini 12-01-2005 11:55 AM

I commented earlier in this thread that I was having some voice recognition problems. Turns out, my settings in the "Speech" console were screwy. I returned these to default and completed all the voice recognition training sessions. Accuracy is much better for me.

I'm using a motorola bluetooth headset and my setup is working great! Thanks for adding voice recognition.

Pokertini

wildzer0 12-01-2005 04:53 PM

Since downloading it a few months ago, MTH has become one of my absolute most valuable tools. I second degen, charge for this thing! In the meantime, at least put up some kind of donate link, I'd like to at least show a token of my appreciation.

zaphod 12-01-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since downloading it a few months ago, MTH has become one of my absolute most valuable tools. I second degen, charge for this thing! In the meantime, at least put up some kind of donate link, I'd like to at least show a token of my appreciation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomad84 12-01-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look under the help menu.

dr_mabuse 12-02-2005 07:42 AM

hi folks,

just a stupid short question:
what does MTH exactly do?

thanks and bye
dr mabuse

wildzer0 12-02-2005 02:24 PM

Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

mosuavea 12-02-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get started using this I think I am going to play some 5+1 SNGs or some 25NL so when I am playing the higher stakes I dont make that mistake.

wildzer0 12-02-2005 04:33 PM

This hand's a pretty funny example of what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

***** Hand History for Game 3132128122 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:17918070 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, December 02, 15:26:53 EDT 2005
Table Table 67518 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: tightwork88 ( $600 )
Seat 4: NOSMO__KING ( $1130 )
Seat 6: wildZer0 ( $1200 )
Seat 9: boothty_op ( $4475 )
Seat 10: smoothham ( $2595 )
Trny:17918070 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to wildZer0 [ 8d 4d ]
smoothham folds.
tightwork88 is all-In [600]
>You have options at Table 68115 Table!.
NOSMO__KING is all-In [1130]
wildZer0 is all-In [1050]
boothty_op: haha
boothty_op: well
boothty_op: good odds
boothty_op calls [900].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 7d, Ts ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
wildZer0 shows [ 8d, 4d ] a straight, four to eight.
boothty_op shows [ Qs, Ac ] a pair of queens.
tightwork88 shows [ Qc, Tc ] two pairs, queens and tens.
NOSMO__KING shows [ Kh, Kc ] a pair of kings.
wildZer0 wins 140 chips from side pot #2 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 1590 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 2400 chips from the main pot with a straight, four to eight.
tightwork88 finished in fifth place.
NOSMO__KING finished in fourth place.
nh
tightwork88 has left the table.
NOSMO__KING has left the table.

tinga81 12-02-2005 10:24 PM

Hi,

I am new to your software, and have found it very useful for the short period of time that I have been using it.

I have not figured out how to properly setup the keyboard bet/raise/fold hotkeys, and wondering if I am missing a step that is involved.

I am going to Options > Preferances, Under the Behavior tab, I have the Enable keyboard controls box checked in the lower section. When I go to the Keyboard controls, I have made the PageDown as Bet, End as Check/Call, and Insert as the Fold. I am not using the last 3 options, and they are set to the default values.

Is that all that is necessary?

Otherwise, it's a nice program. I can't wait to try out the voice commands (after I get a mic). I would like to suggest that you add a "Table Rehash" button, or dropdown from the menu. I find that while I am waiting for another table to popup that there will be holes on the screen where tables used to be. It would be nice to have them snap back to another missing area on the screen (see example).

Instead of >> it would revert to (X = table, o = open)
XX oX >> XX Xo
oX Xo >> XX oo

Good job, and keep up the good work.

zaphod 12-03-2005 12:07 AM

Does anybody have any advice on which microphone to buy? I don't plan to use it for anything else than poker.

12-03-2005 12:40 AM

Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.

SuitedSixes 12-03-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty easy.

For no limit to raise, I say the amount I want to bet followed by the word "raise."

Example:
ONE POINT FIVE RAISE

To go all in I just say:
PUSH

I have used the pre-programmed amounts for raises (in my case I use it on how many limpers are in). For example:

To raise 1.25, I say,

UNO RAISE (where UNO makes an automatic 1.25 bet)

For no limit, to bet a specific amount, you just say the amount followed by 'bet.'

Example:
5 BET

As for the microphone question:
I just bought one for $15 A Wal-Mart that works like a champ.

12-03-2005 12:01 PM

Thx suited sixes, appreciated your reply because I did wonder how it actually worked but what I meant in my original post (but maybe didn't get across) was, is it more or less likely to make you overbet or bet quicker than with a mouse.

The reason for wondering this is because with a mouse you are using only visual cues but when having to voice a command your obviously accessing a different part of the brain and I wondered if this made a difference. Perhaps making betting faster or slower. Initially I thought it might help to slow me down a bit but thinking about it I'm not so sure. Speaking comes so naturally to us that to blurt out 'push' (or whatever you programme) might just be a little too easy. Any thoughts ?