Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KK in Middle/Late - flop/river questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254655)

Tim H 05-18-2005 02:06 PM

KK in Middle/Late - flop/river questions

Probably standard - 15/30 ten handed
hero is in middle/late with KK with the K of spades

UTG raises, Fold, Call, Call, Call, I reraise, Fold, Fold,
Both blinds call and everyone else calls.

7 to flop, me no likey for $277

Flop: 7c 5s 2s
Checked to me as last to act. I check - standard?
$277 in pot

Turn: 7s
BB bets, UTG calls and I raises everyone folds except BB and UTG who call
$457 in pot

River: 5d
Checks to me. I ??

My main question is do I bet the river? Looking at the hand after ... UTG probably would of have called a bet with AJos, BB would of folded with 44.

JimGil 05-18-2005 04:17 PM

Re: KK in Middle/Late - flop/river questions

I would bet the flop with the intent of reraising any check-raises. The pot is already large enough and with 7 people in the hand you can't afford to give any free cards.

However....
By the time the river 5 hits, I would probably check it down. For the BB to bet and UTG call the turn, chances are one of them now has a full house; but the pot is way to big to lay down your kings.

Tim H 05-18-2005 04:49 PM

yeah, definately missed the flop bet but it got me a turn raise.

every 3+ out draw has odds to call a bet on flop. I am ahead of everything but AA and trips, I should of definately bet for value and hope everyone calls and my hand holds. Although if I got raised I would probably call behind if the raise came a few spots to my left and reraise if a few spots to my right.

A raiser on my left would then have the lead and hopefully bet out the turn and I can get a raise in on the turn too.

Given the betting that happened, I should of bet the river I was just too happy for my KK to survive to SD. Any 'A' is probably calling since the pot is huge and I think a reraise is about nil given the previous streets action.

Of course this all looks good in hindsight.

philnewall 05-18-2005 04:53 PM

Checking this flop is terrible.

piggity 05-18-2005 06:05 PM

Hi TimH,

I would bet this flop 100% of the time, if not more.

flawless_victory 05-18-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
,7 to flop, me no likey for $277

Flop: 7c 5s 2s
Checked to me as last to act. I check - standard?
$277 in pot

[/ QUOTE ]are you retarded?

Jules22 05-18-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking this flop is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

JasonP530 05-18-2005 09:44 PM

You checked in order to raise a turn bet and eliminate people right? The problem is, there are so many people in there, and the people most likely to lead the turn are the BB/SB and the UTG raiser, who will all lead through the field and allow others to call. Also, a decent player in middle position would raise a turn bet with 66/A5/44 in the hope they have the best hand and to drive people out. I dont think you want to call 2 on the turn after checking the flop, and that would make you lay down the best hand. A good player in the SB/BB/UTG will c/r you anyways with a decent hand trying to win it, and that should help you knock out some people if possible.

They cant fold if you dont bet.

stanky 05-19-2005 12:57 AM

Bet this flop(can't be said enough.)

I would bet the river and fold to a check raise.You need to work on getting more value out of hands like this.

Tim H 05-19-2005 02:19 AM

to think people will fold a flop bet or 2 with this size pot is ludicrus. the only ones who will fold are the ones that have no piece of this board.

i am not betting the flop to eliminate players, it strickly is to build the pot up

my thinking was faulty.
if i bet here i am gaining at least 1.5BB on the hand assuming checks to me and 2 callers on turn and 6 people calling the flop bet. (and i win of course)

i was thinking/hoping BB/SB/UTG would bet the turn and I would get more callers where i can then pop them for a raise which obviously didnt happen.

with those bets and one caller of a river bet I lost at least 2.5BB

thanks to all for the help