Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stat Question... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406039)

xGoreDudex 12-27-2005 05:48 PM

Stat Question...

I just recently started using PokerAce HUD. My question is in regards to the pre-flop raise stat. For example if you have a guy after 50ish hands or so at 1-5%, is it safe to assume his range typically is AA-TT, AK-AJs and possibly 99?. I keep running into tables where their vpip is high but pre-flop raise is low, when I do encounter a raise from one of these pre-flop rocks, I typically fold unless I have a hand I feel is in their range.

Is this sound stratgey factoring in that their aggression is lower than a horses cack?

thanks.

12-27-2005 06:03 PM

Re: Stat Question...

Yeah pretty sound strategy although stats after 50 hands can be misleading you can usually tell the loose passives this quickly. You need a hand that compares well with the median of his range, rather than just a hand in his range (assuming your not in the blinds).

Spartan1983 12-27-2005 06:05 PM

50 hands isn't really enough to assume that hand range yet. If someone with 50 hands raises twice in arow it will drastically change their PFR %. I wouldn't get too conservative until you get more hands in with them.

Sightless 12-27-2005 06:08 PM

I am sorry to hijack, but is there some sort of chart which shows, which hands belong to which%.

like if someone plays top 15% of his hands which hands would that include..

thank you.

Pog0 12-27-2005 06:23 PM

check out poker stove

Guruman 12-27-2005 08:00 PM

i want to do a shorthanded stat study if there's enough interest.

please vote in and bump my thread.

thanks!

gonzopro 12-28-2005 12:52 AM

Generally yes, but as it is often pointed out, bad players with 5% PFR do not always raise the best 5% of hands. For example, they love to limp with AA and KK and punish you when your AQ hits Q-high TPTK on the flop.

Pog0 12-28-2005 07:02 AM

Also, a limp raise from some 45/20 donkey is usually junk, but a limp/raise from a 40/5 is often premium.

12-28-2005 09:19 AM

My own experience (although I don't play on party) is that these 50 VPIP 1-5 PFR types do NOT raise their premium hands. Probably something to do with not wanting to 'lose customers'. As often as not they do it with total junk - nothing at all junk - or for some reason low suited connectors (they probably got hold of a copy of super system or something and read how Doyle Brunson loves these hands in NL). I have been looking these up lately with good success, and been amazed at some of the hands I have seen. The guy who HAS got a premium hand when he raises is the NIT who doesn't realise he's not playing in a full ring Slansky home game. He is like 14/7 and when he raises I run for the hills unless I really like my cards.