Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I cannot possibly keep up with poker on tv!!!!!!!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373473)

Indiana 11-07-2005 11:47 AM

I cannot possibly keep up with poker on tv!!!!!!!!!!

I work all day, play poker 4 nights/week and so I have to tape all the poker that's on. Right now, I'm two weeks behind on Poker Superstars II, a week behind on WSOP, and not to mention the Full Tilt and WPT stuff that I haven't seen yet. My DVR box is just about filled up. How do you guys keep up? Is anybody watching it all?

Indy

Voltron87 11-07-2005 11:50 AM

Re: I cannot possibly keep up with poker on tv!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand how you guys can actually watch this crap, it makes me want to throw something at the TV.

Indiana 11-07-2005 11:53 AM

Well, WPT and Poker Superstars II is good for your game. WSOP is just to keep up with entertainment. I wish I had a week off from new tapings just so I could catch up. Tonight I have to watch the colts game so I'll be further behind. Jeez, I wish I had time for normal things like religion, sex, etc....:) lol.

Indy

dealcloser 11-07-2005 06:24 PM

My Tivo is going crazy too. I normally have episodes on in the background as im playing on my PC so I breeze by them.

CieloAzor 11-07-2005 08:56 PM

I'm not sure how Poker Superstars II could be good for anybody's game.

belloc 11-07-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how Poker Superstars II could be good for anybody's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shows you what the best pros do with themselves while they sit there all-in and watch yet another board get dealt.

tonypaladino 11-07-2005 09:35 PM

I watch the WSOP and Superstars purely for entertainment.

I watch celebrety poker on Bravo to learn how to play. That and tweak my game on PokerStars.Net

MicroBob 11-07-2005 09:36 PM

I'm behind at least 2 or 3 weeks on the WSOP mainb-event coverage...but I don't bother recording it because I know they'll re-run it about a zillion times and I'll catch the episodes sooner or later.

I know there are several WPT and PSI episodes I have missed...but I know I'll run across those eventually too.

In fact, there are many times when i COULD be watching one of the poker episodes...but choose not to because there's something better on (a football game or something) and I know there are so many re-runs of the poker.

I play a lot on the weekends..and I've really been enjoying the Saturday night ESPN classic older poker marathons that they've been showing. Last week was a bunch of the WSOP-2004 prelim episodes...and it's amazing how they actually feel a bit dated now even though they're barely more than a year old.

livinitup0 11-08-2005 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watch the WSOP and Superstars purely for entertainment.

I watch celebrety poker on Bravo to learn how to play. That and tweak my game on PokerStars.Net

[/ QUOTE ]

in small print
This is not a gambling website.