Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AJo in BB late in Stars $22 v. UTG minraise from chipleader (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407709)

jb9 12-30-2005 11:54 AM

AJo in BB late in Stars $22 v. UTG minraise from chipleader

2 tables, 11 players left in $22 Stars 180.

UTG is the chip leader who has only recently moved to the table (3-4 orbits), so not too much of a read. He has raised 3 or 4 times preflop (3X bb) and not been called. He has not seen a flop. This is the first time I've seen him minraise.

I have not played many hands recently as there have been many big preflop raises and my cards have not been so great. I did open raise from the button last orbit and take the blinds (UTG was small blind). I've gone from 4th in chips to about 9th as the blinds have been eating my stack.

I have some thoughts about this one, but they are confused thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] so I thought I'd seek some comments.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1600 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t21000)
Button (t17281)
SB (t28347)
Hero (t20645)
UTG (t41475)
MP (t8300)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t3200</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t1600.

Flop: (t5175) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t17370 (All-In)</font>

jb9 12-30-2005 04:12 PM

Re: AJo in BB late in Stars $22 v. UTG minraise from chipleader

Kinda dull I suppose...

Anyway, I think I would have been better off re-raising preflop to about 8000 or so and going from there.

I think the all in on the flop is dumb. He'll probably fold anything weaker than AK and call with stuff that beats me. I guess if I want to get all in, I should check raise the flop.

Otherwise I guess I could bet 3500 and see what happens.

12-30-2005 04:57 PM

I would check-fold the flop. I wouldn't re-raise pre-flop either. I expect to be behind Villain's range and am hoping to suck out on the flop. When I don't, I'm done.

Art Vandelay 12-30-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check-fold the flop. I wouldn't re-raise pre-flop either. I expect to be behind Villain's range and am hoping to suck out on the flop. When I don't, I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in this boat as well, I don't like this flop very much and I'm check folding it.

jb9 12-30-2005 08:34 PM

Thanks for the comments. I was lost here.

Too worried about my chip count. Too annoyed that I'd been getting 82o and T7o with raises before me.

Part of me wanted to fold... part of me was too nervous about never seeing a better hand. Thus the bad overplaying (lose the most when behind, win the least when ahead...).

I guess I should go finish reading HOH vol. 2...