Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Taking every opportunity to isolate a bad player (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307151)

Stack 08-03-2005 08:30 PM

Taking every opportunity to isolate a bad player

Btn: 79/29/2 On my buddy list. He caps KJo before the flop in any position. He is less agressive after the flop, but his agression is misplaced. He can show down Q high hands. Never folds any piece on any board. He's been very lucrative to me in many sessions.

MP: Less than 30 hands with him. Sat down with 100 BB and has managed to loose 30 already. He is somewhat agressive but seems to not have any idea of what he's doing.

Five handed. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG and raise. MP calls, CO folds, Btn 3-bets. I call and MP caps. Btn and I call.

3 to the flop for 12.8 small bets.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks, Btn bets, I call and MP calls

3 to the Turn for 8.2 big bets

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP checks, Btn bets and I raise.

I indend to get it heads up with my buddy, and check-call the river unimproved.

I think this is standard most of the time against this type of opponent. However, does the fact that MP is unpredictable make this reckless? I appreciate your comments.

Side note: any link to a working converter?

weevil 08-03-2005 08:33 PM

Re: Taking every opportunity to isolate a bad player

[ QUOTE ]

I check, MP checks, Btn bets and I raise.

I indend to get it heads up with my buddy, and check-call the river unimproved.

I think this is standard most of the time against this type of opponent. However, does the fact that MP is unpredictable make this reckless? I appreciate your comments.

Side note: any link to a working converter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it the same way (except I'll bet the river and call a raise). Also, if you're referring to bisons converter, you have to delete the word texas at the beginning of the HH before converting it. I have no idea why.

JKDStudent 08-03-2005 08:36 PM

Sounds like a good line... EXCEPT:

Cold-called then capped pf. If he's a horrible player and has no idea what he's doing, this SCREAMS high pocket pair. Do you really think he'll fold to the raise on the turn?

Stack 08-03-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good line... EXCEPT:

Cold-called then capped pf. If he's a horrible player and has no idea what he's doing, this SCREAMS high pocket pair. Do you really think he'll fold to the raise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen so much crap after this type of preflop play that I have stopped giving credit to it. Besides, he's had two opportunities to bet after the flop. I thought that I'd be good often enough on the river IF I could get him to fold.

Stack 08-03-2005 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll bet the river and call a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

makes sense to bet, b/c I'm pretty sure he would call with a worse A (not many available given the board) or hands like KQ, or KJ. But if I check I'm pretty sure he bets these anyway + he may bet with even less.

Thanks a lot for the converter trick.