Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to go from weak tight to tight aggresive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=75845)

xltros 03-25-2004 05:21 PM

How to go from weak tight to tight aggresive?

I think my play is generally weak tight, but I'm not sure how to go to the next level. Just looking for any sop's that would be defining moves between the two. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Clarkmeister 03-25-2004 05:42 PM

Re: How to go from weak tight to tight aggresive?

Well, you are already tight, so its easy. Go from thinking your opponents always have the nuts, to thinking they never have anything at all.

Mike Gallo 03-25-2004 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you are already tight, so its easy. Go from thinking your opponents always have the nuts, to thinking they never have anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic response [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

xltros 03-25-2004 08:06 PM

bump, anyone got a few more elaborate comments?

Clarkmeister 03-25-2004 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine may sound like a smartass remark, but its really how to go about things.

Dynasty 03-25-2004 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're in a spot where you think it's close between a bet and a check, always bet. When it's close between a raise and a call, always raise. Soon, you'll realize that usually it isn't as close a situation as you used to think.

xltros 03-25-2004 09:13 PM

whens the best time to play a tight aggresive game, or when is it not advised? also when do you want to start getting "tricky" and how do you do it as a tight aggresive player.
thanks again.

Gabe 03-25-2004 09:17 PM

My advice would be to cut out Clarmeister's and Dynasty's replies and tape them to your refrigerator.

bisonbison 03-25-2004 09:27 PM

My advice would be to cut out Clarmeister's and Dynasty's replies and tape them to your refrigerator.

But cut them out with a gun. Now that's aggressive.

Dynasty 03-25-2004 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whens the best time to play a tight aggresive game, or when is it not advised? also when do you want to start getting "tricky" and how do you do it as a tight aggresive player.
thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should always be playing tight-aggressive. Worry about the tricky stuff much later.