Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What to do here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387454)

Ivanapolis 11-29-2005 05:50 AM

What to do here?

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB has 35 VPIP, 12 PFR and 7,5 check-raise out of 43 games.
How do you play on the river?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero ?

11-29-2005 08:59 AM

Re: What to do here?

Some reads regarding villain's aggression would be helpful. I'm bet/calling the river v. an aggressive villain, capable of raising top pair on the river or bluffing a scare card. While I'd likely bet/fold v. a passive villain.

Betting is essential in my opinion.

Ivanapolis 11-29-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some reads regarding villain's aggression would be helpful. I'm bet/calling the river v. an aggressive villain, capable of raising top pair on the river or bluffing a scare card. While I'd likely bet/fold v. a passive villain.

Betting is essential in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Addition:
I am a little bit astonished, cause villian has: aggression factor: flop 1.00, turn 1.67, river: 0.00 - but total 2.00 (out of 43 games) - is the extremly high check-raise factor affecting the total aggression factor?!

MJL 11-29-2005 11:15 AM

What would cause BB to check raise the flop?
1. Thinks you have AK,AQ and wants to push you off/bet for value.
2. Flush or straight draw and wants to get sneaky(not likely).
3. Hit 2pair.

The lead on the turn says he isn't worried about an overpair. Either he doesn't believe you have one or your beat.His check on the river could be he is worried about the flush. Without more reads I would check.

11-29-2005 12:52 PM

Wow, I just check here. What does villain have that plays this way and calls me down when beat. AJ definitely, what else? it appears he may be on a draw with the raise on the flop and slow down on the turn and check of the river. Either he hit his flush or missed his straight. I don't think my hand is good often enough, to warrant a bet into a known check raiser when that card hits the board. I have a hand I can show down. Let's show it down.

Jake (The Snake) 11-29-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I just check here. What does villain have that plays this way and calls me down when beat. AJ definitely, what else?

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ, JT, J9, J8, J7, etc, a pocket pair, a draw that hit a queen, some random weird stuff

11-29-2005 01:07 PM

The villain will likely call close to any two in the BB, and he will checkraise that flop with any pair/any draw/sometimes total air. When he bets the turn and you raise and he calls we now know the villain is not bluffing so his range is now any pair/any draw. I hope you can see that even with this bad river card you are just too likely to be ahead here not to bet. I would not even qualify this as a thin value bet, IMO this is a standard value bet. If I'm checkraised I am never folding to this type of player, I would just call.

joeski19 11-29-2005 01:12 PM

Anyone 3-bet the flop C/R ?

11-29-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone 3-bet the flop C/R ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, A lot of people do, I like playing with them.

Edit: I misread, thought you asked if anyone 3-bet the river C/R. I usually 3bet this flop.

11-29-2005 01:27 PM

What percentage of the time does my hand need to be good here to make a bet. Doesn't SSHE advocate 55%

LLL