Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Damn... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377497)

Roland 11-13-2005 12:12 PM

Damn...

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (10.50 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double bets___raises

5th Street - (11.25 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (11.25 BB)

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 12:16 PM

Re: Damn...

bad beat post?

I'd put him on aces and call!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PoorLawyer 11-13-2005 12:17 PM

do you know this player well? I wouldnt think he has quads here based on the raise on third. Not worth calling down to hit your boat or quads with a pot this big?

Roland 11-13-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

bad beat post?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I can make my own bad beat posts and don’t have to ask Bart to post for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bad beat post?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I can make my own bad beat posts and don’t have to ask Bart to post for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least my name's not Roland!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Roland 11-13-2005 12:33 PM

Not terribly well, but my notes said that he’s aggressive, especially on 3rd.

11-13-2005 01:10 PM

You have ~15 total outs to fill up or make quads by the end and you will have to call 2 big bets to get there, plus a third on seventh if you make your hand. Seeing as how you are getting better than 12:1 to call on fifth, I cannot possibly see how this is a fold.

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot possibly see how this is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess because its highly possible he's drawing practically dead.

Do you think his opponent popped him back on 4th street with aces up, after hero made it 3 bet's on 3rd?

It sucks to draw to a hand you won't even have the ballz to raise with if you get there.

11-13-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think his opponent popped him back on 4th street with aces up, after hero made it 3 bet's on 3rd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen more ridiculous things in Stud. Giving unknown opponents credit for one-outers is something I have not historically done in these games, and haven't lost much sleep over it. Also consider that this game is $2/4 and not a mid-limit game, and I'm willing to call two big bets given the size of the pot.

BeerMoney 11-13-2005 02:19 PM

do you have the stones to fold for 1 bet on the river unimproved..