Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What would you do if you were in my shoes? Or, hello Osama. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402967)

MrMon 12-21-2005 07:23 PM

Re: What would you do if you were in my shoes? Or, hello Osama.

http://www.library.northwestern.edu/.../ww0207-02.jpg

LeatherFace 12-21-2005 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was taken a back and decided to leave before my anger goaded me into doing something I would regret.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea!
My uncles friend got into a heated argument with some middle eastern guy (who sounds similiar to the one you described). after 9/11 and ended up killing the guy. I don't know how it went down if it was self defense or what. He claims it was, but then that he got scared of still getting in trouble so he cut the guy up into pieces and hid him. Well he did end up getting caught and is now serving I think a life sentence.

12-21-2005 07:25 PM

I have no problem with the picture of Osama. However, if you felt that it might have been a front, you should probably have given the FBI a call. Probably it's just your imagination but maybe it's someone funnelling money somewhere they shouldn't. Best to let them decide whether they want to check it out or not.

kenberman 12-21-2005 07:39 PM

I know a guy who was a flight instructor back in 2000/2001.

He thinks there is a good chance he trained one of the 9/11 terrorists.

Needless to say, it's not something he's completely internalized yet.

jokerthief 12-21-2005 08:44 PM

Re: I just got a pm from the FBI

The FBI just pmed me. Weird.

NotInchoateHand1 12-21-2005 08:46 PM

I love the guy who said "oh it was Dec 2001, that was before all the 9/11 stuff. He's my history hero for the day."

You sure it was Osama, don't all those A-rabs look the same?

I wore my Saddam shirt (a tastefully crafted Hawaiin print, denim backgroud and repeated images of Saddam saluting the flag) out yesterday, please don't tell the FBI on me.

tonypaladino 12-21-2005 08:55 PM

Semi-related story:

There used to be an arabic deli near where I worked, and pre-9/11 we all called it the terrorist deli, even in front of the guys there, and they took it in fun. 2 days after 9/11 I saw a customer arguing with one of the deli guys, and the guy was saying "There is no way Osama bin Laden is responsible. Osama is a good man. This must have been Iraq or Iran." I didn't really care, because I was in too much shock to care, but a few days later the dude and his brother, just stopped showing up there, and the rest of the staff, who are usually really friendy, wouldn't say what happened to them.

Sponger15SB 12-21-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Osama is a good man.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Who even knew about this guy before 9/11. Did he do anything important/good ever?

tonypaladino 12-21-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Osama is a good man.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Who even knew about this guy before 9/11. Did he do anything important/good ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew about him before 9/11.

Do you have no memory of the terrorst attack on the USS Cole?

Edit: I'm sure most people who followed real news knew about him.

henrikrh 12-21-2005 09:17 PM

Go check out the store again, see if it's still shady, trip report it, and poll whether or not you should go to the fbi baseed on your report. Problem solved.