Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Empire VIP/Royal Flush Club Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305343)

fnord_too 08-01-2005 03:53 PM

Empire VIP/Royal Flush Club Questions

I'm posting this here rather than in the zoo so the people who can answer the questions will see this before it is pushed 10 pages deep.

Ok, first question, do you really get twice the rake in points if you are in the VIP club? (+ 20% when you make it to the RF Club?) If so, wow, when I was doing ring games playing 10k raked hands in a day (not that I ever did) would earn me 100 points but playing 25 100+9's gets me 450 and is no big deal for a weekend day. (I am pretty sure I read the site right, but wow! ring game players are really getting screwed in this regard.)

When I make it to the RF Club and am eligible for a monthly $100 bonus, will I have to play ring games to clear it?

What do you spend your points on? Looks like you can exchange them for cash or items or special tourney entries, but I have not done any real valuation of the prizes. Any particularly good/bad ways to spend these things I should be aware of?

tech 08-01-2005 04:31 PM

Re: Empire VIP/Royal Flush Club Questions

[ QUOTE ]
do you really get twice the rake in points if you are in the VIP club?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's twice what non-VIPers get. So for a 20+2, regular players get 1 point, VIPers get 2. For a 109, a VIPer gets 9.

[ QUOTE ]
When I make it to the RF Club and am eligible for a monthly $100 bonus, will I have to play ring games to clear it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There is no raked hands requirement. It is "free."

[ QUOTE ]
What do you spend your points on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash.

SuitedSixes 08-01-2005 04:41 PM

Can I spend my VIP points and still get the Vegas trip and TV, or do I need to save those for those "major awards."

fnord_too 08-01-2005 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No. It's twice what non-VIPers get. So for a 20+2, regular players get 1 point, VIPers get 2. For a 109, a VIPer gets 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

I just went back and looked and see my flaw: I read the MTT points not the STT points. Still, ring game players are completely hosed when it comes to points. If I had a free day I would play every MTT for a 24 hour period and rake up those frequency points!

The free $100 sounds nice!

jon462 08-01-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I spend my VIP points and still get the Vegas trip and TV, or do I need to save those for those "major awards."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a question i was wondering too.

Paul2432 08-01-2005 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The major awards don't require a balance of any points. You just need to earn the points.

Paul

imported_machine 08-01-2005 07:29 PM

How many points do you need for the TV and the Vegas Trips?

jon462 08-01-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The major awards don't require a balance of any points. You just need to earn the points.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]
sweet thanks.