Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Clarett cut by Broncos (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324633)

IHateKeithSmart 08-28-2005 06:02 PM

Clarett cut by Broncos

I didn't see this coming. Really.

morello 08-28-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Clarett cut by Broncos

At least the contract they gave him included virtually no bonus money. Good work on his agent's part!

But what a waste of a third round pick.

IHateKeithSmart 08-28-2005 06:15 PM

Yeah, I heard Elway (on Dan Patrick I think) the other day say that he trusted Shanahan's judgment on Clarett. Whoops.

holeplug 08-28-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it says alot about your scouting department when a 3rd round pick doesn't even make the team....

utmt40 08-28-2005 06:22 PM

I think he will find a home somewhere else. They just have way too many RBs there anyway. Someone like Chicago will pick him up.

IggyWH 08-28-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he will find a home somewhere else. They just have way too many RBs there anyway. Someone like Chicago will pick him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not Pittsburgh? We need help at RB and with Jerome & Duce in their last years with the club, Mo might have a chance here.

There's too much potential to give up on him already.

IHateKeithSmart 08-28-2005 06:51 PM

Maybe his one year at Ohio St. was a fluke? It's been three years, and after his combine/etc. performance and this training camp, who knows. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

trying2learn 08-28-2005 06:54 PM

I'm a bronco fan - and while it bums me out that we wasted a pick - i like them taking a shot here.

to get him to sign a contract with ZERO bonus money for just an incentive laden deal, the broncos had nothing to lose. one late third round pick to try and find a steal is worth it to me...oh well.

utmt40 08-28-2005 06:58 PM

I think he'll end up being decent one day.

HDPM 08-28-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it says alot about your scouting department when a 3rd round pick doesn't even make the team....

[/ QUOTE ]

Shanahan is a dreadful player personnel guy. They need a real GM. Blowing picks consistently is awful. Still not anything compared to Dan Reeves picking Tommy Maddox with Carl Pickens on the board when they had Elway and Elway never had a reciever over 5'3". Bowlen needs to tell Shanahan to accept a GM in charge of the draft and free agents. He has shown he is incompetent at it through the years. Clarett is just the latest installment. this looks like a team in long term stagnation.