Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Aces up facing a 3-bet. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397086)

VarlosZ 12-12-2005 08:10 PM

Aces up facing a 3-bet.

PartyPoker $1/$2 NL, 10-handed. Villain has $180, I cover. Villain is an unkown, and hasn't done anything remarkable since I sat down a few orbits ago. The one notable hand I've played at the table was doubling up by 3-betting all-in on the flop w/ a set.

UTG+1 (villain) limps, MP2 limps, I limp in MP3 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], blinds come along.

Flop ($10): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check, Villain bets $6, MP2 folds, I raise to $18, folds to Villain who reraises to $45.

Pot is $70, it's $27 to me. Raise, call, or fold? If you raise, how much? If you call, how much do you call on a brick turn? On a 3rd spade? On a K or J?

Thanks.

odawg09090 12-12-2005 08:13 PM

Re: Aces up facing a 3-bet.

I'm cranking this up to 120 and going all in on the turn

swolfe 12-12-2005 08:38 PM

small stakes

there are no hands that a sane player will 3-bet this flop with that you're ahead of here...except maybe KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and that's not a move i'd expect to see...especially not where the 3-bet is less than an all-in.

i'd go ahead and fold. his AQ is good.

dstraff1 12-12-2005 08:56 PM

I don't see villian holding AQ here, but maybe 66, or Q6. I don't see him 3 betting a flush draw or a weak ace.

swolfe 12-12-2005 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see villian holding AQ here, but maybe 66, or Q6. I don't see him 3 betting a flush draw or a weak ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
do you regularly see people playing Q6 from EP in a full game? i don't. i do, however, see people regularly limp from EP with AQ.

VarlosZ 12-12-2005 11:49 PM

I didn't like reraising since any sane person would dump a hand that I beat, and probably every hand that beats me will play for any amount. Calling is tough because I don't like my hand's chances, and I expect to face a large bet on the turn. I think calling and continuing with the hand only if Villain bets small is reasonable, but I just folded.

ninjia3x 12-13-2005 12:18 AM

Push it,

or call and push it on a none spade.

ninjia3x 12-13-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
small stakes

there are no hands that a sane player will 3-bet this flop with that you're ahead of here...except maybe KJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and that's not a move i'd expect to see...especially not where the 3-bet is less than an all-in.

i'd go ahead and fold. his AQ is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw its medium stakes,

btw, if u constitently fold with 2 pairs on a flush board, u'r going to get run over pretty fast. Espeacially in a unraised pot with only AQ to fear.

soah 12-13-2005 12:41 AM

I tend not to fold these hands very often and I always lose. Unless I suckout.

swolfe 12-13-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw its medium stakes

[/ QUOTE ]
effective stacks are less than $200. that's small stakes.