Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This guy is killing me... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240612)

skoal2k4 04-27-2005 04:28 AM

Re: This guy is killing me...

[ QUOTE ]

I guess my real question is, how does betting the turn in this position help my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a value bet... and it might scare off someone... but it's mainly a value bet

xenthebrain 04-27-2005 04:33 AM

I reraise preflop, but why the hell do you check the turn?

xenthebrain 04-27-2005 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you bet the river but not the turn? On the turn you have no reason not to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had 3 guys call my flop raise and then the flush card hits, I guess you could say I was a little wary. I bet the river because it seemed like a blank and I likely had the best hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you get scared by the flushcard, but then not by a card that makes a 4-straight?
I'm more worried about a straight than a flush.

WriterBoy 04-27-2005 11:48 AM

/grunch on

This looks like a pretty easy fold on the turn for me. If the LAG is indeed raising/calling with anything, having both the flush out there, plus the straight, plus that many people in the pot, your Top is beat.

/grunch off

edit: blah, i misread the OP. Here's the deal, you bet the turn. However I'm pretty sure that the button has the flush. I think he was checking for deception. If you bet that turn, I think he would raise you. If that is the case, I would fold.

cmwck 04-27-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flushes don't occur that often. This is an easy turn bet with position.

Button picked up a straight on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is, does betting the turn punish an open ended straight draw at that point?

10 to 1 seems like odds are in his favorite to begin with, if he's gonna call anyway without knowing the odds are good what point is betting?

I guess my real question is, how does betting the turn in this position help my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's +EV. If you have the best hand, which you probably do, and he's getting correct odds to call a bet with a drawing hand, checking is certainly +EV, because most of the time (>50%) his draw will miss. But betting is _more_ +EV. You can calculate the EV for yourself.

KaiShin 04-27-2005 12:10 PM

If you want to play this preflop I would 3-bet it. Otherwise just fold.

Bet the turn, bet/call the river, and take the suckout like a man [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yesterday I had pocket pair make a set three times, only to have them all busted by a straight, then a flush, then a FH, all by the same person. That's a bad run there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NickRegino 04-27-2005 12:20 PM

Balls to the Wall, have to go for it.

irishpint 04-27-2005 12:21 PM

reraise PF, bet the turn.

MechanoMan 04-27-2005 01:20 PM

I play the flop the same. I bet this turn. My hand is strong, and no one got rowdy about the third spade. I bet / call on the river.

</GRUNCHING>

Dunno 04-27-2005 01:31 PM

Agreed u really need to bet the turn to protect ur hand. and even if they all call its not to bad sins no player shown any strenght by re-rasing. I think ur drawn out on the river so i would check this river and call a bet, to big pot to fold in.

GL // Dunno